Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Cashback Scam? - Where to complain?

SOLVED
Nirurin
New

Sony Cashback Scam? - Where to complain?

I recently purchases a sony a6000 camera from John Lewis, under the terms of the current sony camera cashback offer. This states that I receive £50 cashback if I purchase a camera during this time frame, as long as I send them the invoice which shows the date, invoice number, product model, etc. 

I have now done this 6 times. 

Every single time I send it, they respond with a different 'reason' that my claim is invalid. Sometimes it is that the date is not shown. Sometimes that the model number is not shown. Sometimes its the invoice number that isn't shown. 

However... I always send the exact same invoice document. And the document clearly shows the invoice date, invoice number, model number, etc etc. The document is perfectly fine. 

At first I gave sony the benefit of the doubt, assuming that it was some kind of automated service. However I have now had slightly different responses, but all having some degree of a copy/pasted response. Clearly the response team have been given a list of 'excuses' to respond with, in the hopes that their customer will just give up. 

I have contacted the customer services team by email on two seperate occasions, but am yet to receive a response. 

At this point I need to find out what the next stage of escalation would be. I have fulfilled sony's own terms and conditions to the letter, so I know that legally I am prefectly within my rights to expect the money that they owe me. However I do not know the best way to proceed. 

I hope someone on here can direct me in the right direction. 

97 REPLIES 97
profile.country.GB.title
Bazzzra
Explorer

Hello and thank you for your advice.

I phoned the number I found on this forum 0207 365 2810 and they have now
confirmed the details I sent are in order.

I should get the pay out shortly.

Thanks again for your post.

Kind regard,

Bazaar.
profile.country.GB.title
Bazzzra
Explorer

Re: Sony Cashback Scam? - Where to complain?

Hello and thank you for your advice.

I phoned the number I found on this forum 0207 365 2810 and they have now
confirmed the details I sent are in order.  I should get the pay out shortly?

I told the chap on the phone that it would be easier getting an audience with the queen than getting money out of Sony.

Thanks again for your post.

Kind regards,

Bazaar.
profile.country.GB.title
Squire123

Hi Bazzzra, You might have to keep phoning, even though they have said they will pay doesnt mean it's in the bag/bank yet.  You might get a few "it will be paid it 10 days" etc etc. But don't give up.  Lets hope they have learned from all the complaints and you get it soon.

Kind regards

profile.country.GB.title
Bazzzra
Explorer

I'm like a Jack Russell with this sort of thing, especially now I've tasted
blood.

Regards,

Bazzzra.
profile.country.GB.title
Squire123

Thats good, you might need to be. It took me months but like you I don't give up easily.  You can read my  ordeal further back in this thread. Good luck.

fakecashback
Explorer

I'll never buy a Sony camera again. 

It's easier than dealing with the 'run around' you get from these people. 

I bought the A6000 kit and a 200mm zoom on the assumption that the cash back was genuine.

Fool me once, shame you.

sanket09
New

Hi,

I am on the same page. I purchased A6000 from currys pc world on 1st Jan 2019 and than duely submit my cash back on 2nd February.  I upload original invoice payment reciept , camera model serial number photo. I received confirmation email from sony saying my claim has been successfully submitted and I also have my case ID.

Today now its 14th March despite of sending them multiple email requesting status of my cash back they just replied we have recieved the claim and we will process it and will send you confirmation of money transfer once its processed. I have alos been calling them on 01932 816000 selecting option for cameras . Still no positive reply from their customer support. Its like passing the bug attitude. Its really pathetic service would never buy sony and would not recommend to anyone. Its feel like they want people to give up and forget about cash back amount..

If its true than for me its nothing but the SCAM to attract more buyers to buy their products in the name of cash back offer .. fooling people.

I am not going to give up will see how long they can drag it further. Disgusting service and false comittments to customers. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @sanket09  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Please try not to worry, this really isn't a scam.

Whether the system seems shot to pieces though is a different matter :wink:

If you read other posts about this you'll see we / members  have managed to get nearly all of them sorted.

(Bar the ones that didn't meet the criteria of invoices etc.)

I have escalated this for you so someone should be in touch within the next few days  (not including the weekend.) Are your contact details correct in your profile?

I'm not sure if you're aware, but the Support number is different:

https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cpint=spt-footer_contact

Just out of interest when you say "Still no positive reply from their customer support" after phoning the head office number what was their reply?

Cheers

Miccyluv
Explorer

Hi jumpsuit, 

I have just come off the phone with Sony uk about my cash back claim which they are denying I made. I bought the Sony a6000 at Pc world on the 21/01/19 and tried to make the claim which was told I had to wait 30 days. So I sent all the relevant photos off on the claim site and registered it at the same time on the 21/02/19. I received an email back saying thanks for registering your product and a couple off marketing ones too. I have been checking my bank account for over a month now so rang them today to see where my cash back is. They say they have no record of my claim and that I should have received a claim email as well as the thanks for registering your product email. As the offer has now finished they can’t help me as I should have been aware I hadn’t received the right email. I feel it is just a way to get out of it as I quite clearly have the proof of purchase and registering it a month later. They have got me on a technicality as I only have proof of registering and not claiming. 

Seems very much like a scam to me so I will not be recommending Sony to anyone and as far as product allegiance goes it looks like it’s gonna be a very short lived one

Regards Miccyluv 

profile.country.GB.title
Squire123

Hi  There,  Please scroll down to my posts in this string to read what I did. There are a few post.  Just keep scrolling back. If you  have your receipt you need to go back to the place you bought it. They have a responsibility to honour there advertizing as you bought the camera from them  because you saw the cash back deal they offered.

Good luck don't give up.