Join now - be part of our community!

Unwanted SPAM Emails from SONY

profile.country.en_GB.title
March4
Visitor

Unwanted SPAM Emails from SONY

I would like some assistance with the following please.

I have received unsolicited emails from Sony for the past few weeks. When I attempt to unsubscribe, the email address at which I am receiving the emails, and which I enter for the unsubscribe service, is not recognised. I had to actually create an account just to post this message, as I could see no other options for contacting the appropriate support, or for making a complaint.

Consequently, I am requesting that Sony remove my email address and all associated information with myself and any account, both current and former, from your entire database. Immediately.

I was a Sony customer previously, but that was a long time ago. I have not requested any emails from Sony, and have certainly not given Sony permission to contact me in any way. This is actually the second occasion I have started to receive unwanted emails from Sony; I had to contact the company to request this practice ceases a couple of years ago. Therefore, I am keeping this post, and the unwanted emails as a record of the company's inability to manage it's customer databases, and will use this information to contact the appropriate bodies to pursue a formal complaint should this happen again.

It's quite simple; Sony - I never want to hear from you again.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi March4

As you can imagine, we have to be  careful what we send and to who.  As such, Personal Information Management (PIM) is something we take very seriously.  In theory, somewhere along the line, you would have ticked a box during some registration process that has subsequently triggered this recent spate of e-mails.

Fear not however, this is somethig we can correct.  If you can send me a PM with the e-mail address you would like removed.  I can request that one of our PIM team carries out a full sweep through all our systems and remove your e-mail from wherever it is found.  (it will only ever be on internal Sony systems)

At the very most this process can take about 28 days (although its usually much quicker) during which time you may get the odd e-mail through.  However, it is very robust (as it should be) once complete.

Hope this helps

Lee

European Forum Manager

March4
Visitor

Hi,

Thank you for your response. The email address I would like removed is:

Thank you,

Tim.

Message was edited by: -Finn-

Hi March4, Thank you for your reply. I have removed your email address from the public forum to safeguard your privacy online, but I have passed your request on to Sony. Thank you, Finn

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yes - never reveal your email address on a forum unless you really do want spam :wink: