Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
ken11141
Visitor

I had the same response. To take it to a Sony repair place. Surely Sony can send a bug correction down the line or make it available for download.

nick0624
Visitor

Well done DEANO16 I seemed to have sorted mine for now. I have not checked all functions but what problems I had found seems to have gone away (not too sure for how long mind). Firstly I took the dongle out and everything worked ok, then put it back in still the same problems. Tried a different dongle but without reading the instructions could not get it to connect. So I put the Sony dongle back in and did a software update and when it asked to select a function I selected CD then hey presto everything seems fine at the moment. I will keep an eye on this forum to see if there are any changes. Nick

ken11141
Visitor

Yep worked for me too ! You have to turn it on and off by any means without the dongle to let it apply settings. Then turn it off and then on again with the dongle back in.

Thanks everyone

nick0624
Visitor

Hi Ken glad yours worked as well hopefully the other guy's will try and get the same reponse. Happy Bunny now. Nick

HDFatboy96
Visitor

Thanks for the tip, I will try this later. However, I did disconnect the wired Lan cable I had in several days ago and this seemed to do the trick...For a few days,so hopefully this'll be a longer term solution.

Have just got off the phone to Sony 'customer services'. Just as I expected the lady was adamant this wasn't a Sony problem cos according to her the number of units sold compared to the number of us on this forum didn't make it a known issue. Even when I commented that everybody experiencing the problem isn't likely to go on this forum the only helpful advice she gave me was to get it repaired! Thanks for that!

I told her it should be known issue and would urge as many to call them on 0844 8466 555 to report it if they're still experiencing problems.

I'll see how the dongle removal does and failing that 'Watchdog' will be getting a call.

nick0624
Visitor

I did email Sony last night and got a reply this morning to say it probaly needs a service. Glad i tried the update for now. It seems strange that everybodies seems to have gone wrong at the same time. These people are supposed to be experts.Nick

HDFatboy96
Visitor

Yea, there's obviously something going amiss here. I backed my music up last night, took about five and a half hours, closed it down, got up this morning six hours later to be greeted by my blue flashing light friend. I'll ring Sony 'customer services' today although from past experiences I'm not expecting too much. The last time I rang with a query regarding this system I was answered by the most obnoxious - I've ever come across. Basically his reply to me not being very impressed with it was 'well, that's how it is, live with it!' Not exactly the best marketing ploy I've ever encountered but as I said before in my earlier posts just another disappointment in a long line of disappointments since spending my hard earned on it.

If in the unlikely event I get a satisfactory response I'll only be too pleased to pass it on........

By the way Nick, the way you described the problem was how mine started.

Message was edited by: HDFatboy96

Message was edited by: HDFatboy96

Message was edited by: -Cass-

ken11141
Visitor

Dean

For about £1 per month with Live 365 you can thousands of stations on the Giga Juke

Oops that should be £1 per week

Message was edited by: ken11141

Message was edited by: ken11141

derekgilruth
Visitor

Hi - disappointed to relate that I have the same problem (blue flashing light/system won't come out of standby) which started about a fortnight ago.  I emailed customer services and received an email reply saying that they couldn't help unless my problem happened to be one of the small list of questions which appeared when I selected the model number in my email enquiry.  They gave me a link to a part of the Sony website where I could find a local service centre.  Having spent a lot of money on this system, at the same time supporting my local Sony shop, I too am disappointed.  I will now ring Sony and make my feelings known.

HDFatboy96
Visitor

Good luck Derek....Hope you get a better response than I did.

All I want is for Sony to admit it's a problem on their part but at the moment they're rapidly becoming my least favourite electronics brand!