Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
johnnnywalker
New

Well so far so good!

PS3 sees it as well as laptop, panasonic plasma media server, networked nas server sees it as well. Just need to test the c5e's.

SteveJudd
Visitor

All, when you confirm working or not include which Gigajuke you have.

SteveJudd
Visitor

Ok, not looking good here!

NAS-S55HDE

Software: 1.00.00

System micro: 1.00A

CD Firm: 50RO

HDD ID:9QZ8B87E

Wired LAN

Network Setting: Auto

Connected to home network

No connection to iinternet

System setting

Standby mode: Quick start up

Online auto-sync clock: off

Remote extender box cannot see S55 on network

Sony PS3 cannot see S55 either

Will update if anything changes

Message was edited by: SteveJudd

alanh8
Visitor

O.k. So there is no "firmware update" for the units ?

This was purely Sony messing up their servers ?

Which comes back to previous posts that Sony probably switched off their servers without realizing the Gigajukes still rely on them.

SteveJudd
Visitor

Still no change, on a positive it has not locked up (yet) but it still advises no Internet connect and no external devices can connect to it.

I will try and gather wire shark later.

IP Address: 192.168.1.67

MAC Address: 78:CA:39:59:64:B4

Host Name: jamies-iphone.home

Vendor: Apple

IP Address: 192.168.1.69

MAC Address: 00:1D:D9:5E:B2:A4

Host Name: unknown-00-1d-d9-5e-b2-a4.home

Vendor: Hon Hai Precision Ind.Co.,Ltd.

IP Address: 192.168.1.75

MAC Address: 00:1A:80:E9:81:64

Host Name: cek_sony_s55.home

Vendor: Sony

IP Address: 192.168.1.78

MAC Address: 64:68:0C:A3:B9:4A

Host Name: unknown-64-68-0c-a3-b9-4a.home

Vendor: COMTREND

IP Address: 192.168.1.79

MAC Address: 64:68:0C:A3:B9:49

Host Name: unknown-64-68-0c-a3-b9-49.home

Vendor: COMTREND

IP Address: 192.168.1.87

MAC Address: 10:9A:DD:E9:87:A2

Host Name: dans.home

IP Address: 192.168.1.90

MAC Address: E8:3E:B6:30:2D:29

Host Name: blackberry-290e.home

Vendor: RIM

IP Address: 192.168.1.91

MAC Address: E0:F8:47:CB:BC:FF

Host Name: steves-iphone.home

IP Address: 192.168.1.94

MAC Address: A0:6C:EC:0A:24:08

Host Name: blackberry-b53b.home

Vendor: RIM

Name: My iPad

Type: iPad

IP Address: 192.168.1.95 (You)

MAC Address: 28:6A:BA:54:00:B9

IP Address: 192.168.1.254

MAC Address: 98:8B:5D:8A:DC:C0

Host Name: api.home

Vendor: SAGEM COMMUNICATION

You can see from above it is on my LAN but it would appear the Server side is not running.

johnnnywalker
New

Well tried out the rest of  the system this morning, the 2 remote c5's connect to it and play tracks  for the main unit, also they can connect to the internet radio  stations, but these don't go through the sony router they go through to  the net via a belkin n1 router, I only use the router for the main unit  as it's not n1 capable. The main unit wors fine but says it has no  connection to the internet, same as yours steve,therefore may not be able to  access the gracenote server, will try out this over the weekend.

The system info is the same as yours steve except fot the hdd id.

johnnnywalker
New

Well put in 2 new cd's today from local atrist Lorranie Crosby (aka Mrs Loud) and it found all track names and artist info no bother!

hailsham26
New

Ok start the car I have a

Nas55hde

it is showing as not connected to the internet but connected to the aoss home network.

it is in fact connected to the internet as it has used gracenote to find a cd title.

It is not however connected to my internet connection and still cant find it, so little has changed apart fromt he fact tat it isnt locking up-yet

it is NOT connecting to the  C5E reomote unit .

yes the unit is not freezing BUT still can not use the C5E boxes  so this is obviously not working as it should.

Please advise if yopu think there is something WE can do to correct this or advise when you are going to come up with a properly working solution.

Can I ask what model you are testing this all on as it seems that the NAS55HDE is the model having the  MOST problems.

Also like a lot of other people I would like to know what the problem actaully is.

I also like the way by putting out in the public domain that it is not the units that are faulty you have scuppered any claim WE ALL may have had with regards to the fit for use issue.

I am actaully not that botherred about the darn thing locking up now all i reall really want is to be able to use the c5e as we have my hubbies 50th coming up and was gonna use it for a do but now we are having to try and sort something else out .

I am really disappointed at this start the car.

Did it work in your tests on the c5e or arent you even bothering to test them too ?

hailsham26
New

Johnnywalker can you tell me how to connect it to a main router as I desperatley want to get the c5e woarking and even with this so called fix mine isnt.

I am NOT very techhie but CAN follow instructions.

please help as is hubbies 50th on boxing day and wanna be able to use it for that.

SteveJudd
Visitor

Update!

My C5E unit will not connect to the S55 Gigajuke - It doesnt even see it on the network.

My Win 7 PC however CAN see it  and can connect. This was using Mediaplayer in full screen mode and the Gigajuke shows up as "other Servers" and I can browse to it and play music.

I took a wireshark trace from my PC and can see the Gigajuke broadcasting itself to the network using SDDP.

My PS3's (all 3 of them) cannot see the Gigajuke.

It would appear form others posts the S55 is the real concern here. IT still shows as not connected to the internet

Question for the Sony team: How does the box know its connected to the Internet? How does it test this?

Question 2: Whats is the differenec with a Win7 PC finding the Gigajuke when every thing else cannot.

My C5E actually picks up the WIN7 PC instantly.