Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
NorthernCoochy
Visitor

Well to date apart from not testing out the new CD function, everything appears to be playing to the script. Having reset the unit last night and plugged in the wireless dongle, I then decided to reset everything, and unplugged the satellite units and the AOSS router.

Since restarting everything today, and resetting all the network connections, everything appears to be working as needed through S-IWS and I've had both satellite running different CD's as well as the main.

Unit info NAS-S55HDE, with 2 x NAS-C5E and details below...

Software: 1.00.00

System micro: 1.00A

CD info: 5ORD

I cannot find the server as I tried a software update, and got a failure message, and it also tells me there is no internet connection, but I need a new CD to test this out. Would this message be as a result of the wireless dongle so the S55 doesn't have a direct wired internet connection?

Will wait a few days before accepting this is fixed for good!

SteveJudd
Visitor

Again we get a burst of activity from Sony promising much but yet again no follow up. You would have thought they would have been in this forum this morning knowing many would have attempted the fix this weekend.

Come on Sony, support this issue fully!

Identify the issue. Test the solution fully and answer everyone's questions!

SteveJudd
Visitor

Update

My Gigajuke is now working!

So what did I do?

I started again form the beginning, I factory defaulted the unit with no network attached.

Wiped everything - conducted the updates (that dont update) as per the doc attached to this thread.

Repowered unit - imported around 1 GB of tracks.

Reset the CS5 unit.

Reattached to wireless Network

Reattached Gigajuke to wired Network - CS5 instantly found Gigajuke.

Gigajuke still shows no internet connection but its working and connects to Gracenote.

profile.country.GB.title
simonjash
Explorer

Can you explain what you mean by wireless network - does this mean you searched for you modem/router via the NAS S55HDE network settings.

Thanks

Simon

SteveJudd
Visitor

Sure, my Gigajuke connects to my network by wired connection directly to my BT Home hub 2. The CS5 unit connects to the same network wirelessly, it's the only way for this unit.

I feel the "not connected to the Internet" is a red herring as the unit obtains Gracenote information when required.

hailsham26
New

HI Steve what software does your giga have is it the 1.00? i think it is?

Are you using the Sony supplied wireless router to connect  to your c5 ?

I am dreading having to wipe the hard drive as I dont have a large enough external hard drive to put all I have on my giga on and dont wanna wipe it til i know for definite that it is going to work. 

SteveJudd
Visitor

My Gigajuke is on V1.0.0

I dont use any Sony Router, I purchased my Gigajuke as a standalone and added the CS5 later.

My Gigajuke connects to the network  by wired LAN to my BT home hub 2, The CS5 connects wirelessly to the Home Hub.

I am pleased it is working but I am still annoyed with the wooly approach by Sony.

They have yet to expalin what has happened, what they did to resolve and what trying the update on the Gigjuke resolves issues.

They have not advised why some units are on V1.0 and others on 1.0.1 and what the difference is.

My brothers unit is still with a Sony agent who has replaced the Hard drive due to this issue. They cannot put the operating system back as they advise the FTP server holding this software is empty.

COME ON SONY - COME CLEAN!

profile.country.en_IE.title
POLLYBLU
Visitor

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to report that my Giga Juke multi room system is now working as before, I didn't do anything with it at all, it just seems to have come back to life all on it's own!...It did take a long time mind you...I am very happy to have it back though and hope that there won't be any more problems with it... I have lost some faith in Sony products and definitely the slow customer service and lack of knowledge from the dealer where mine was purchased, don't think there was enough planning put into this product before it was launched as there are a lot of things that could be changed on it, as well as it being very slow...

Having said that I am now stuck with it for another while and look forward to my Sense Me nightime music lulling me off to sleep once again ......

hailsham26
New

So it seems that if u have the 1.00 software all is ok but if like me you have the 1.01 it is not all ok.

I am wondering if the 1.00 was installed in the hde and the 1.01 in the pke (which came with the remote unit  as standard)  and the software difference is beacause of the sony router that came with it .

yes the thing is not locking up but it is not working as I was sold it to as  CAN NOT use the stand alone unit as I bought it to work wirelessly which it does not so it is still not working as it is sold as doing.

I bought the stupid thing so that all our music was in one place, no need for cds cluttering up the place, and the supposedly best bit the wireless remote box that we could leave down the other end of the house and have the same access to our music.

I was actually in a sony shop on the day that they first hit and the guy had  just plugged it in and I was blown away.

How I regret that day, it has fast become the betamax of hi fis in our eyes and Sony as a company has goen the same way.

Have now ordered a much larger external hard drive and am going to try wiping the thing and starting again.

I am not hopeful tho as no-one with the 1.01 software seems to have had any luck with the wireless.

VERY VERY BAD ON SONY

As steve has said SOME fixes but still no answers.I am wondering if that is beacause Sony has just launched a new wave of very expensive internet tvs and if this can happen to a sony internet hi fi then it can theoretically happen to any sony device that has such a  connection controlled by sony, that would really put the punters off if say in a year their very expensive tv suddenly decided not to play ball.

Come on start the car where are you ?

alralph15
Visitor

Hi All,

Mine is all OK now.

I did a format and had a clean start.

I use my own Netgear Router (my existing wifi setup) and can connect the main unit and the C5E via the wifi.

The software on the main unit is 1.00.08

Mine was sold as a package of Wireless Dongle, Sony Router plus 1x C5E etc.

Regards

Alan