Join now - be part of our community!

Giga Juke

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Martin_Smith
Visitor

Giga Juke

I have a sony giga juke.  It will not turn on using the remote - it is showing a blue flashing light as if it is in standby but the controls on the unit or the remote will not work.  This happended before and I had to turn it off at the mains.  Has anyone had this problem.

367 REPLIES 367
NorthernCoochy
Visitor

Just taken a call from Sony Customer Services to officially inform me that there was a fix available, and would I like to be talked through it! Pointed out it was here a week ago and just requires a reset.

I questionned why it has taken such a long time to actually tell me the fix was ready, given I have been a regular E-mailer to their incidient system, and I have received several Emails saying my name is on a list and I will be contacted as soon as the issue is resolved. I don't consider 1 week to be particularly quick and said so. Apparently I am unfortunate in this regard and all other customers have been informed!

At this point I suggested I would post a question in this forum and we would see what the responses were.

SO

Of the people who registered the issue in some form, either via telephone or webpage, how many of you have received an official Sony communication to say that there is a fix? Can you simply post how you registered the complaint, and whether you've had anything back?

I also found it hilarious that this forum was completely unknown to the Sony agent!

SteveJudd
Visitor

Not had any updates from Sony despite 3 requests to them ([Incident: 111104-000037])

sphinxxxxx
Visitor

I informed Sony customer services in September of my problem, they said they would contact me with any details that would be helpful (behind my back they had told the guy that was trying to fix my unit that there was a known fault while at the same time insisting to me that mine was an isolated case).

Of course I have heard nothing from them.  I have already posted on here that the truly criminal ?customer service? I received has put me off Sony for life.  I will never buy another Sony product if I can help it.

profile.country.GB.title
simonjash
Explorer

THIS THREAD WILL NOT SOLVE THE FACT THAT YOUR GIGAJUKE REPORTS THAT YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.

SEE THREAD

GIGAJUKE NAS - S55HDE NO WIRELESS OR WIRED CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET

Dear All

Whilst it appears that this is a fix for the NAS - S55HDE GIGA JUKE Music Server and the following hardware which is provide as a package  product code NAS - SC55PKE

NAS - C5E GIGA JUKE  Wireless Player

WAP - NA1 Wireless Station

UWA - NA1 Adapter

Which should allow you to

Connect to the internet wirelessly using the UWA - NA1 Adapter

Prior to this issue with the unit needing to reboot every so often due to what was described as an old or corrupt file asking the unit do do something.

Since this situation was resolved I have tried every way possible to connect to the internet via the UWA - NA1 wireless adapter and even with my Modem/router situated next to it it cannot find it. or any other router but if my WAP - NA1 is connected to the router it does find the AOSS Wireless Station every time.

When I first aquired the package and following subsequent need to reconnect wirelssly (due to building works and furniture moves the unit was unplugged and stored) the Adapter when searching for a connection would find almost instantly a number of access points locally (my neighbours and others) as well as my own which whether adjacent to the unit or in another room in the house.

Since this Thread problem started and following the repair I have raised this point as well as others on the thread that we are unable to connect to the internet in the manner described in the manual and historically.

When I connect to the router via a Lan cable link the unit connects the the network but advises that not to the internet, others like myself believe that it was connected as it was accessing Gracenote to get up todate information on tracks and CDs being loaded.

When the NAS - C5E is linked via the WAP - NA1 (which is LAN wired to my router) and connected using the recommended AOSS connection I am able to listen to music form my NAS - S55HDE and other Sony products such as the notebook that I am currently typing on.

When I select the intenet radio function on the NAS - C5E I am offered to links one is Live 365 and  ShoutCast

365 appears to function but Shoutcast just hanhs when you try to connecy to one of the recommended Genres.

I therefore suggest that the fix is not a full fix and intend starting again an opening a new thread with the title

GIGAJUKE NAS - S55HDE NO WIRELESS or WIRED CONNECTION TO INTERNET

I will refer to this Thread for a history of the GIGAJUKE Fiasco but my intention is that I highlight the fact that something is wrong with the internet facility and this thread has not solved it or even considered the fact that a number of us are pretty sure that there is no fix within this thread to solve this issue.

alralph15
Visitor

Hi,

Regarding the internet stations, eg Shoutcast etc. Sometine ago Sony posted this message, on the website, where the legacy products are shown.

Dear Sony Home Audio Product 
NAS-C5E/NAS-Z200iR/NAS-Z200DiR/NAS-SC500PK/NAS-SC500PKE  Customers,

SHOUTcast Internet Radio service is not available due to  specification
changes of the SHOUTcast server. However, you can still enjoy  listening to
Live365 Internet Radio Network.

We sincerely apologize  for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for using Sony Home Audio  Product.

g51307
Visitor

The start-up problems appear to have been resolved but I cannot now connect to the internet, only to the Home Network. All the IP settings are correct. Obviously I was previously connected to the internet to receive the start-up "fix". Any thoughts?

alralph15
Visitor

Hi,

As far as I can see there was no download  fix.

The first fix was to disable the Network Clock which you did yourself, and the second fix was to correct the Sony servers, so nothing has been download to the machines.

I would be tempted to backup your music, format the hard drive, and start afresh.

Alan

Message was edited by: alralph15

Message was edited by: alralph15

SteveJudd
Visitor

Come on Sony - Where is this Expert?

The frustrations people are experiencing here are the total lack of support from Sony! You throw little bones out once a week with no follow up. You then come back into the forum apologising for the delay and throw yet another bone!

Come on, Put some resource into solving this issue.

As Advised, Whilst my unit is not locking up it still will not function correctly to the CS5 unit.

You get the CS5 to see the S55 I have to rest the S55 and then within a couple of minutes get the CS5 to link and play tracks.

Yesterday I have the CS5 playing tracks for some 4 hours with no issue. I stopped the CS5, set it to standby and after waking up it could not see the S55!

SteveJudd
Visitor

In regard to individual issues - You invited us to PM you  - I have done so and you again have yet to respond!

Message was edited by: SteveJudd

SteveJudd
Visitor

In response to Sonys suggestions thats my issues were down to my BT home hub and the DHCP pool of addresses in use.

I reset my Home hubs Addresses to use 001 - 040. Deleted all units off the network , reset the home hub and all network connected devices.

They all registered starting at 001 with the Gigajuke now on 009. The CS5 on 011. The CS5 picked up the Gigajuke fine 1st time. Switched CS5 to Standby, powered back on, unable to find Gigajuke.

NO Solution! Same issue as before. This is directly connected to the issues experienced since September - Coincidence?, I dont believe in them.

I am going to set up a new network on a separate router and see if this proves finally the BT Home hub.