Join now - be part of our community!

HT-RT5 not responding

HT-RT5 not responding

Hey everyone. First of all: My English is not very good. I really hope someone understands my problem and can help me...

I have a brand new HT-RT5. Worked perfectly for a week or so. When i turned my TV and soundbar on today i got a message saying "A new software version is available. Please go to the "Setup" section ... bla bla" You know what i mean.

I updated the FW but for some reason i got an UPDATE ERROR and nothing workes anymore. Restartet the HT-RT5 and now its stuck with the same message (New FW Update). The remote does not work att all, except for the ON/OFF button. I can't do anything. Tried to unplugg the whole system (AC cord) and waitet. Didn't help either. I can turn it on and off but i can't do more than that.

Is there any way to reset my soundbar if i can't use the menus?

I have the mobile app SongPal and instead of showning the HT-RT5 as usual it just shows a whole lot of questionmarks. Like it's not recognizing the HT-RT5 correctly.

Did this latest update kill my new Home Theatre system?!

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a look around and cannot see a way to reset this without having to go through the menus etc.  As you have said that this is new, I would recommend contacting the retailer you purchased it from and get them to exchange it under warranty.

Your English is good by the way :slight_smile:

Cheers