Join now - be part of our community!

ARC connexn .. 43XD8099 TV to HT-RT5 sound system

SOLVED
billgar
Explorer

ARC connexn .. 43XD8099 TV to HT-RT5 sound system

I have connected TV to HT-RT5 sound system through ARC connection..   when I switch to System speakers the sound volume only reaches half otf the equivalent TV speaker level.

Any ideas would be very welcome.. I have new  full spec cable on ARC connection.

I have also tried testing impact of all audio settings options, but with no success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
billgar
Explorer

I should have added that the solution was to get the sound volume up to the same on soundbar as on TV speakers. success..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

This is normal behaviour. The tv volume scale go form 1 to 100 and the sounbar from 1 to 50 so on the bar it will display exactl half the value of the TV.

billgar
Explorer

Thanks for response..

Does that mean that this soundbar with additional speakers and subwoofer can only produce 50% of the volume coming from TV speakers??

The level of sound coming from soundbar is below an acceptable level - in my opinion.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

not at all 50 on the soundbar is 100% of the power. do you have problem with everything or just let say sky? 
billgar
Explorer

Thanks again for response..

I have sky +HD box until Jan ( Q2 install planned then)  and volume is as you say.. max 50%.. of TV setting.

I also have setup Youview digital and that is the same..

But I would add that if I turn on Sky with soundbar set to 50% max the level of sound is only equal to 13% of the volume level on the TV speakers.. which in fact means that soundbar = 25% of tv speaker level ??

Do you see what I am getting at ?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I didn't say Sky just as an example... sky boxes are famous to bring any sort of problems with their lose implementation of HDMI-CEC protocol (aka Braviasync for Sony). You may try to check how your soundbar works having disconnected sky and, if it works better, buy a CECless HDMI cable to connect sky and avoid any interference.

billgar
Explorer

You set me on the right track with this point.. A problem with sky was not apparent it worked fine, and I could control the TV volume and channel controls with the Sky remote...  all except turning off. .. but you did start me looking at Bravia sync and the settings relative to the TV rather than the Sound bar system.. I dont know exectly what made the final change... but suddenly it worked OK..

Thanks for your responses and assistance

billgar
Explorer

I should have added that the solution was to get the sound volume up to the same on soundbar as on TV speakers. success..