Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S350, iplayer missing after network update

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Zirakik
Visitor

BDP-S350, iplayer missing after network update

I've just switched on my BDP-S350 and it informed me there was a network update, which I did. Now I no longer have iplayer, sky news, qriocity plus a few others have gone missing and seem to have been replaced with some misc other choices :slight_frown:

Anyone else had this or know if the options will be returned?

Paul

44 REPLIES 44
LordMelchet
Visitor

My BDP S570 has got BBC iPlayer running again. Credit where credit is due, and well done Sony in getting this fixed within a reasonable timescale. I would like to know where the problem was. Obviously not in firmware for the BDP S570 which remains at version M04.R.754 as before. 

Coops1
Visitor

Yep, got it going again eventually, but it took two goes as simply resetting network then opening LoveFilm did not help. Ended up resetting everything to factory defaults, then had to turn player off then on again, go through initial setup (language setting etc). After that opening LoveFilm and closing it again caused iPlayer to re-appear, but off-screen, further up the list than usual so nearly missed it. Did not have to reset my router. Love to know what was done by who to fix it and if this is going to be a recurring issue.

gingebear
Visitor

Hi All

Came through today small network update all working ok. great to have iplayer back.

who do i thank though sony or bbc??

Catmambo
Contributor

Joint effort :slight_smile: - I'd like to thank you guys for flagging it so quickly with us..

Thank you!

chinook240
Visitor

Although I hope not to have any future problems, its good to know someone from Sony reads these threads and works on a fix as quickly as you did!