Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N7200W 5.1 not working, especially sub

SOLVED
nudibranch
Explorer

BDV-N7200W 5.1 not working, especially sub

Hello,

I'm having difficulty getting my BDV-N7200W to work with 5.1 surround.  Whenever I run test programs from (for example) the Dolby website, the back channels are played out the front speakers, and the sub channels aren't played at all.  Is there something I need to change in the settings menu to get true surround?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nudibranch
Explorer

It turns out that my TV doesn't allow 5.1 passthrough even though it says that it does.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Are you able to test your player with some alternative material such as a DVD or Blu-ray?

Often online video content is only recorded with a stereo sound track to make the file sizes smaller.

If you post a link to the video which you are having problems with I can test it on my system and let you know how many channels it has.

It might also be worth double checking all your speaker cables are plugged in correctly. I know these are colour coded but you never know. Also make sure each one clicks into place when inserting it.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
nudibranch
Explorer

It turns out that my TV doesn't allow 5.1 passthrough even though it says that it does.