Join now - be part of our community!

Can't see iplayer on BDP-S370

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mudkipper
Visitor

Can't see iplayer on BDP-S370

I have a BDP-S370 Blu-ray player and have updated the firmware to M03.R.694 but no sign of the BBC iPlayer. The unit was purchased from Pixmania selling into the UK market but it is a French unit. Could this be the problem? I would have thought that iplayer restrictions were based on ip address and as far as I can see the M03.R.694 firmware downloads from the UK and French service sites are identical.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what can be done?

Tags (2)
81 REPLIES 81
piggz1
Visitor

Same problem here

Bought last week from play.com, arrived today Nov 24.

Just set it up and about to show iff iplayer, and its not there.

UK plug with iplayer on the box

5on demand works as does youtube.  Also, there is a Deetsche Welle channel at the bottom of the list, though i doubt that is relevant.

It told me there was an update so ive done that,

Ideas?

piggz1
Visitor

Also, im unable to register to 'Activate Enhanced Features' whatever that is as internet.sony.tv seems to not be functioning. (tried in a myriad of browsers)

Catmambo
Contributor

The 'enhanced features' element simply allows you to send static web pages to your Internet Device. Its not that widely used a feature as it can't handle video feeds unfortunately.

Thanks

Currambo
Visitor

Hi, Just to say i received my Sony BDP-S370 today also from play.com.

UK plug, and BIG iPlayer logo on the box. And yet it is not showing up!!

They better sort this out!

afw-bluray
Visitor

Internet.sony.tv just renders a message saying how its been tested on IE and Firefox 3.6 with a message to Select a country but nothing else on the page

It doesn't work on any browser I have tried including IE, Firefox, Safari etc - unless Sony's testers only have access to one browser in one specific version it can't be beyond them to try and use their own services and figure out something is amiss

afw-bluray
Visitor

Come on Sony

We are buying these players from a UK retailer and they have a great big picture of the iplayer logo on the box. You can't tell us that we have to waste time trailing around trying to sort it out. Just fix it. Oh - and your web site for registration doesn't seem to work either. Or the ipod remote app. All in all this sort of stuff just kills the user experience and customer experience.

afw-bluray
Visitor

Presumbaly Amazon don't put them in the boxes with the iPlayer logos on. Once someone has to unpack something install it etc then have to put it back in the box, get it sorted for a return, wait for another one - and possibly experience the same problem again - that's likely to be their enthusiasm gone - even though the product is probably good value and high quality in lots of other respects.

So any chance of a fix remotely that will save everyone the hassle?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi all

We've been looking into this today as I agree, there seem to be a dozen  or so people on here which is more than one would expect from a couple  of grey imports.

I'm  waiting to get feedback from colleagues in San Diego and Tokyo as this  may be something simple on the server  that needs to be changed, in  which case there wouldn't be any need for a firmware update, simply a  refresh of the content and iPlayer logo should then appear.

Due  to time-zones, I haven't got an update right now, but its been marked  as a priority issue and so I will look to feedback sometime tomorrow.  Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks

MarkMoir
Visitor

Just to add my name to the list, I am in the same boat as many others here.

BDP-S370

Bought from Amazon: 22/11/2010

The box has the iPlayer logo on it

UK plug

I updated the firmware to the latest version.

I have managed to register the box with Sony, and to tie my account with Lovefilm to view streamed movies.

The website does mostly say the Firefox 3.6 and IE 8 error messages.

I haven't contacted either Amazon or Sony about it, mainly because I was waiting to see what happened to others in the same boat.

I don't have iPlayer available, or the iPhone app it seems.

Cheers,

Mark.

PaulDy
Visitor

Good news ! Whatever was done overnight sorted it for me.

I tried refreshing the internet data about midnight and iplayer was still missing. Got up this morning and tried a refresh again and it is now there and working perfectly. Thanks for sorting this !