Join now - be part of our community!

DTS/ stereo output from KD43XE8005

profile.country.GB.title
TPdart
Explorer

DTS/ stereo output from KD43XE8005

I have a Sony STR-DN1050 connected to the above TV along with a blu ray player and a Humax box.

The blu ray and Humax sound are routed through the amp and perform correctly with surround sound. If I switch to the TV (with output via ARC) I can only get stereo output. Does the TV tuner actually output surround? If so, how can I get this to work?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

Can we ask whether you've activated ARC on both the TV and receiver? If not, please follow the instructions here, and see if this makes any difference. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
TPdart
Explorer

Thanks for the reply- yes both activated and I do get an audio loop through, but just in stereo, no matter what the source. I'm also getting auto on/off of the amp when turning on/off the TV so presumably it's working OK.

I will double check the HDMI quality but I think they should be fine as I've had no issues in the past.

profile.country.GB.title
TPdart
Explorer

OK- just to double check, I bought another guaranteed 4k lead but no difference in output. Could this be because the DTR 1050 isn't HDCP 2.2 compliant and the TV is refusing to provide the DTS source? Or is it the TV tuner spec?

Now confused....