Join now - be part of our community!

How do I play YouTube videos directly on my home cinema (DBV-E490)?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
inessa_a
Visitor

How do I play YouTube videos directly on my home cinema (DBV-E490)?

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a sony bravia home cinema (3D Blu-ray Disc™ Player) model number DBV-E490 and I wonder if i can watch vidoes online using the browser?

I have connected the device to the internet through LAN cable and I can go online and open any website, but when I go on youtube, for example, and i click on a video to watch an error pops up and say I need the adobe flash player to be able to play the video, I go adobe website to download the player but an error message comes up saying the operating system or the browser is not supported.

I would really love to be able to watch videos on youtube directly from my sony home cinema, so if anyone knows a way i can do that please let me know how.

Your help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Yes the device has a dedicated Youtube application accesible from the Xross Media Bar interface. The manual should provide more details on how to access it if you can't see it, alternatively press the 'SEN' button on the remote control and that will take you through to the relevant page.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Yes the device has a dedicated Youtube application accesible from the Xross Media Bar interface. The manual should provide more details on how to access it if you can't see it, alternatively press the 'SEN' button on the remote control and that will take you through to the relevant page.

Hope this helps