Join now - be part of our community!

HT-XT3 Bravia Input selection problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

HT-XT3 Bravia Input selection problem

Everything had been working fine using Bravia Sync to connect my TV, Blu Ray & BT TV set top box to my HT-XT3. Recently every time I switch on the STB the TV & HT-XT3 comes on automatically as normal. However, the HT-XT3 momentarily connects to HDMI2 (the STB input) then switches to the USB input. There is nothing connected to the USB input. The TV Screen then shows the input selection screen & I have to select HDMI2 manually. TV is Sony KDL-43WD756 & Blu Ray is BDP-S6500. Any suggestions why this has suddenly started to happen when all has been well since I set things up when I bought the HT-XT3 months ago?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

Hi Pascale_F,

Thanks for your suggested solution. I rebooted the equipment. At first I had a problem but then discovered that re-bottling had caused Bravia Sync to be turned off on the TV. I resolved this by re-enabling Bravia Sync from within the System Settings menu on the TV with all the other equipment turned on. I then turned everything off again. From then on Bravia Sync appears to be working OK again whenever I use any of the individual pieces of equipment connected to the HT-XT3. Problem solved, thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Grasstracker, 

Sorry to read that you're having these issues. First, please try rebooting your KDL-43WD756, your BDP-S6500 and your BT TV set top box and let us know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

Hi Pascale_F,

Thanks for your suggested solution. I rebooted the equipment. At first I had a problem but then discovered that re-bottling had caused Bravia Sync to be turned off on the TV. I resolved this by re-enabling Bravia Sync from within the System Settings menu on the TV with all the other equipment turned on. I then turned everything off again. From then on Bravia Sync appears to be working OK again whenever I use any of the individual pieces of equipment connected to the HT-XT3. Problem solved, thank you!