Join now - be part of our community!

HT-XT3 Soundbase listening position

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

HT-XT3 Soundbase listening position

I have had this Soundbase for a number of months now. After redecorating my room I have repositioned both my TV and the HT-XT3. Since then I have not been able to enjoy such a good soundstage as before. Whilst I appreciate that this unit does not provide true surround sound is positioning of the unit relative where you normally sit (in particular distance away) to get the best effect in Movie Soundfield mode? Any thoughts appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried the standard or Music setting whilst watching Movies. If I use either of these settings will the  S-Force PRO Front Surround Sound effect come into play when watching a Dolby Digital 5.1 Movie source? Meanwhile I'll try the two settings you suggested and see if there is an improvement.

cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Grasstracker,

Sorry to hear you've not been having a good experience as before.  Have you tried either Music or Standard which provide a much better stereo presentation and work well across all disciplines.

Let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried the standard or Music setting whilst watching Movies. If I use either of these settings will the  S-Force PRO Front Surround Sound effect come into play when watching a Dolby Digital 5.1 Movie source? Meanwhile I'll try the two settings you suggested and see if there is an improvement.

cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

Hi Sean. I have tried both the Music and Standard Soundfield settings when watching Movies. I have found the Standard setting to give the better results with a clearer wider soundstage than the Movie setting. The S-force surround sound effect is better too. I find the Movie setting too exaggerated and boomy and this wipes out a lot of the sound effects and makes the dialogue difficult to hear. Seems a bit odd as you would think the dedicated Movie Soundfield setting would be best for watching Movies! I'll stick to standard setting for movies and Music for listening to music. Thanks for your suggestions.