Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ZF9 enters standby 5 minutes after changing input

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jumorri26
New

HT-ZF9 enters standby 5 minutes after changing input

I’ve just set this sound bar up connected to a Philips Ambilight 4K TV. I have a 4K fire tv stick in the soundbar HDMI1, and a PS4 in HDMI2. The soundbar connects to HDMI 2 on the TV as HDMI1 can’t take 4K, but this input isn’t an eARC input. Consequently the tv sound to the soundbar goes via optical.

Here’s my issue. Any switching of the soundbar input, either using the remote, or using the ability of the HDMI controls when a device is activated, results in the soundbar going into standby 5 minutes later. Once it’s been restarted it doesn’t do it again, until you change the input again. It’s reproducable every time and I can’t seem to find a way to stop it.

anybody got any ideas or come across this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @jumorri26, welcome to the Community.

I can't seem to find another incidence of this problem in our archive. It's possible this is an issue with the TV, rather than the soundbar.

Have you tried asking on a Philips forum?

Mick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @jumorri26, welcome to the Community.

I can't seem to find another incidence of this problem in our archive. It's possible this is an issue with the TV, rather than the soundbar.

Have you tried asking on a Philips forum?

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
jumorri26
New

Thanks Mick, I couldn't find anything similar either. I've played around with the 'easylink' settings on the TV and when I disable them the problem does go away, but I lose the easy device switching. I suspect its an incompatiblility between brands that cvauses this so it's a small price to pay for the setup I've got. It seems that whatever setup one chooses, there's always a compromise or niggle that has to be put up with!

profile.country.HR.title
zelenooq
Explorer

hi,

can you plase try this video and tell me do you hear subwoofer and rear speakers if you connected with bluetooth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL9-sIZRDHg

Thank You