Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ZF9 WiFi settings gone and won't connect to wifi

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Roger_H

HT-ZF9 WiFi settings gone and won't connect to wifi

Went to stream music from my PC thru the soundbar which I have done many times before.

Discovered that the wifi setting have all gone.  Tried to re-connect manually but scanning for available networks shows none.  (My mobile phone shows many available networks including mine.)  Network is working.

Tried inputting my network SSID and PIN but does not connect.  Tried WPS method but fails.

Has anyone come across this or know how to resolve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Did you try to reset the soundbar? this maybe a software issue not a hardware one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Did you try to reset the soundbar? this maybe a software issue not a hardware one.

profile.country.GB.title
Roger_H

Performed a full system reset and went thru the set-up process.

Searched for my network which it found and input password.

Now re-connected to my wifi network.

Question is why did the soundbar wifi go down?  It wasn't working at all.

The wifi for my Sony TV was still working.

Hope there isn't a problem lurking.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Roger_H 

Sometimes these things get their knickers in a twist, even though there is no underlying bug causing this.

Sometimes, though, there is a bug, and if so, it will likely happen again.

So keep your eye on it for a bit.

If there is a bug though, likely Sony will find it and squash it in a software update for the soundbar, so keep your eye out for any of these also.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
Gethingj
New

Have just got this bar and wifi will see all other Ssids but mine? TV sky box all connected to the system no issues. I have tried WPS , reset the network settings and reset the whole system. Still same output! Any ideas? 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Gethingj, this device connects to the internet via Ethernet, not WiFi, check page 9: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4727/d1ff451e44dc39fc895aec29e654d9a6/47275332M...