Join now - be part of our community!

HTXT1 Soundbase Bravia Sync / ARC function not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

HTXT1 Soundbase Bravia Sync / ARC function not working

I have attempted to setup the HTXT1 Sound base with my Sony KDL-40W705C TV. Using a High Speed HDMI cable connected between the HDMI Arc terminals of the units. In addition I had connected to my TV, a Sony BU Ray player view a HDMI cable, and a HUMAX Digital Recorder view a HDMI cable. All attempts failed until I disconnected the HUMAX HDMI cable. After the HUMAX was disconnected I was able to hear the audio of the TV through the soundbase and when I switched the TV into standby the Sound base went into standby. Also the BU Ray Player when activated changed the TV input to the correct HDMI input.

On further investigation, I noted that the HUMAX Digital Recorder was set in a none power saving mode that enabled the TV Antenna aerial to be routed through when in standby, if I disabled this, letting the HUMAX box go into a full power saving standby, the HDMI output did not effect the BRAVIA Sync functionality.

Unfortunetely it seems that the HUMAX Digital Recorder, when powered on will inhibit the BRAVIA Sync functionality. If I place the TV into Standby, the HTXT1 Sound Base stays powerd on. I also lose the BRAVIA Sync functionality. You need to do a lot of fiddling of remotes to get back to square one. Currently the only technique that seems to work is to turn on the TV first, that also turns on the Soundbase, then turn on the HUMAX box, if you are lucky when the HUMAX box has come out of Standby the Soundbase is still active. To turn the system off, you need to do the reverse, HUMAX to standby followed by TV.

The question I have is should the Sony BRAVIA Sync functionality work with none Sony products connected into the other HDMI sockets? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Success, thanks to the expert QUINNICUS.

I received a reply from HUMAX that stated that my HUMAX HDR-2000T was not HDMI CEC Enabled so will not work with the Sony BRAVIA Sync function.

So I have purchased via Amazon, the LINDY HDMI F/M CEC Less Adapter. I have connected this adapter in line with the HDMI cable from the HUMAX box to the TV HDMI socket (4).

Also connected to the TV are:

- Sony BLU-RAY/DVD Player [HDMI socket] to the TV HDMI Socket (3),

- Sony Soundbase HT-XT1 [HDMI OUT] to the TV HDMI Socket (2) which has the ARC function.

I am now able to utilise the Sony BRAVIA Sync / ARC functionality regardless of the state of the HUMAX PVR. The only problem left is the HUMAX volume control no longer works. A small price to pay for the convenience of having control via the TV Remote, of the volume of the HT-XT1, and being able to switch off (into Standby) the HT-XT1 when you place the TV into standby. Also the Sony BLU-RAY Player now takes control and switches the TV HDMI input to itself when you place a disc into it. After you finish with the Player, the TV reverts back to the previous HDMI selection.

I am also able to place the HUMAX box into its 'None Power Saving Mode' so I can feed through the Aerial antenna signal to use on the TV.

There is only one hurdle left, that is to educate my wife into using this setup.

Thanks again to QUINNICUS.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

BraviaSync is Sonys term for the more generic HDMI-CEC.  Unfortunately, this is a loose standard of which every manufacturer seems to have implemented slightly differently.

Upon having a scan of the Humax forums, there appears to be a issue with how Humax have impkemenred it.  See: https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdmi-cec-compatibility

So what can you do?  See if you can disable this HDMI-CEC function on the humax box - unsure if its fully implemented or if you can.

There are adaptors you can buy on Amazon which will block this - as it just doesnt have pin 13 connectec, hence no signal.  See:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Less-Adapter-Female/dp/B00DL48KVI/

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I will try your suggested solution once I get a reply from HUMAX Technical Support. Will keep you posted.

AndrewCarpenter
Explorer

So did you get any reply from HTXT1 support system?? I am also waiting for the reply but still no solution.  

profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Still no reply from HUMAX Support Team. I have decided to go ahead and purchase the adaptor to isolate pin 13 on the HDMI cable from the HUMAX PVR. Need to wait at least 3 days to get part.

Will provide update when Amazon items arrive.

profile.country.GB.title
Gruppy63
Explorer

Success, thanks to the expert QUINNICUS.

I received a reply from HUMAX that stated that my HUMAX HDR-2000T was not HDMI CEC Enabled so will not work with the Sony BRAVIA Sync function.

So I have purchased via Amazon, the LINDY HDMI F/M CEC Less Adapter. I have connected this adapter in line with the HDMI cable from the HUMAX box to the TV HDMI socket (4).

Also connected to the TV are:

- Sony BLU-RAY/DVD Player [HDMI socket] to the TV HDMI Socket (3),

- Sony Soundbase HT-XT1 [HDMI OUT] to the TV HDMI Socket (2) which has the ARC function.

I am now able to utilise the Sony BRAVIA Sync / ARC functionality regardless of the state of the HUMAX PVR. The only problem left is the HUMAX volume control no longer works. A small price to pay for the convenience of having control via the TV Remote, of the volume of the HT-XT1, and being able to switch off (into Standby) the HT-XT1 when you place the TV into standby. Also the Sony BLU-RAY Player now takes control and switches the TV HDMI input to itself when you place a disc into it. After you finish with the Player, the TV reverts back to the previous HDMI selection.

I am also able to place the HUMAX box into its 'None Power Saving Mode' so I can feed through the Aerial antenna signal to use on the TV.

There is only one hurdle left, that is to educate my wife into using this setup.

Thanks again to QUINNICUS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Gruppy63

You are most welcome :slight_smile:  I am really glad that Humax has given an explaination and that the HDMI CEC-Less Adaptor works.  I am sure this will now help many others too.

Have fun :drink: