Join now - be part of our community!

infared extender

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
assimb
Explorer

infared extender

Hi

I have a sony BDV NF620 blu ray system and i have it placed inside a draw in my tv unit & i need a infared extender wire to use the remote without having to leave the draw open.

Do sony produce any such wire & does anyone know if i can get someting the will do the trick.

thanks

assim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive not owned one of these (or others for that matter) - but I think it works this way:

- You have a cable/lead (IR Emitter) that is placed infront of the IR port on the bluray player and then you physically connect that to the main IR unit on display

If you have one with an external box (control unit) you will connect it to the mains power supply:

ie.

31sCOASBnVL.jpg

www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-Invisible-Control-Infrared-Extender/dp/B000GIXHGA/

I think this one is more designed for multiple devices (ie Bluray, DVD, AV Receiver, PS3 etc)

Or you have single ones (you will need a USB connection - for power), such as:

71ISEQoEgLL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Infrared-Control-Receiver-Emitter-Adaptor/dp/B00FPI18C6/

If you read the reviews on Amazon, you kinda get the idea/general gist of how it connects and works.

Hope this helps anyhow

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Plenty on Amazon

Such as:

Just read the description and reviews of the product to ensure that it does what you require.

Cheers

assimb
Explorer

hi

thanks for the info reaaly appriciate that, do you know what sort of connection these devices use as its not clear from the description as i think i would need a usb one for my player.

thanks

assim

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive not owned one of these (or others for that matter) - but I think it works this way:

- You have a cable/lead (IR Emitter) that is placed infront of the IR port on the bluray player and then you physically connect that to the main IR unit on display

If you have one with an external box (control unit) you will connect it to the mains power supply:

ie.

31sCOASBnVL.jpg

I think this one is more designed for multiple devices (ie Bluray, DVD, AV Receiver, PS3 etc)

Or you have single ones (you will need a USB connection - for power), such as:

71ISEQoEgLL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Infrared-Control-Receiver-Emitter-Adaptor/dp/B00FPI18C6/

If you read the reviews on Amazon, you kinda get the idea/general gist of how it connects and works.

Hope this helps anyhow

Cheers

assimb
Explorer

thats fantastic thanks for all your help

assim