Join now - be part of our community!

'Invalid Region' message when I try to play a Region A disc on my BDP-S6700

padykes
New

'Invalid Region' message when I try to play a Region A disc on my BDP-S6700

My S6700 player plays other Region A blu-ray discs perfectly well, but I'm having trouble with a particular disc. When I attempt to play this Region A version of High Noon, the player presents a screen to me with the message 'Invalid Region'. I've checked, and the software on the player is up to date, so that can't be the issue.

My player is supposed to be region free - and as I say, it plays other Region A discs without difficulties. Is there any way that I can resolve this problem by changing a setting on the player? 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/High-Noon-Blu-ray/159571/

Region Locked.jpg

Unfortunately I do not know anything about it being multi-region.  This is in the instructions:

Region.jpg

Cheers

padykes
New

Thanks very much for getting back to me and for the link to that page. The player I have (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GOLWSE4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_T0OgzbSVT0CNM) can play Region A, B or C blu-rays and this one is Region A. As I mentioned, it plays other Region A discs with no problems. Further down the blu-ray.com page, it says "Note: This is a Region-A "locked" Blu-ray release. Therefore, you must have a native Region-A or Region-Free player in order to access its content." I have one of those players, so it should play. All rather confusing!

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I spoke to one of my contacts within Sony today and he suggested that you contact the retailer you purchased it from as apparently Sony dont generally do multi-region bluray players and therefore this would have been modified.  Unfortunately I do not know what else to suggest or how to help you on this.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
HarpersTate
Explorer

I have only just joined the community and therefore have only just seen this question.  You may already have the answer, but (if only for the benefit of any others reading), there are two things to be aware of:

1:  The majority of USA (region A) BluRay discs are not, in fact, region coded (or are coded with more than one region).  That means they will play on an unmodified Region B machine.  The "other region A discs" to which you refer may well be like this.  That would explain why they play properly.

2:  The ICOS modification to make a player multi-region does NOT (as regards BluRay) allow automatic playback of any disc without intervention from the user.  Where you encounter a disc which is region "locked" (i.e. coded for one region only) you HAVE to set the player up to act as if from this region.  Instructions as to how to do this for your particular player/modification should be supplied, but typically it requires you to eject the disc and use one of the four colour buttons on the remote to set up the region.  And note that once done, you may have to change it again when you load e.g. a region B (only) disc.

My Blu-ray player BDP-S1000ES is a multi-region player. But I now get an Re: 'Invalid Region' message when I try to play a Region B disc and cannot any longer change the region using my BD RMT-B106A remote control.

profile.country.GB.title
HarpersTate
Explorer

Assuming your modification requires use of the colour buttons to change region, please test whether the colour buttons work properly in any other context.