Join now - be part of our community!

Losing digital channels after powering down.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
johnmac39
Visitor

Losing digital channels after powering down.

Recently my RDR-HXD870 has a fault whereby it is losing all programme channels. You can replace them but they are immediately lost at the next power off (even with mains still on).

I have tried a factory reset bit fault persists.

Sometimes the clock has stopped running but that is probably due to its backup battery discharging.

I have seen this problem raised elsewhere on the internet, but no solution has been provided..

It is not helpful not being able to record a broadcast programme whilst watching another channel on the TV.

(I have never updated the firmware and do not see this fault as software, most likely hardware or backup battery - if one used).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In order for the RDR-HXD870 to work you need to install the firmware 1.70 that you can find in the support pages of Sony site.

You still may encounter the problem that you the describe, but the factory reset with the latest software solve it (at least for some time). Be sure to unplug the recorder from power for 1-2 minutes after the reset in order to be sure that it really cancels everything from memory.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In order for the RDR-HXD870 to work you need to install the firmware 1.70 that you can find in the support pages of Sony site.

You still may encounter the problem that you the describe, but the factory reset with the latest software solve it (at least for some time). Be sure to unplug the recorder from power for 1-2 minutes after the reset in order to be sure that it really cancels everything from memory.

johnmac39
Visitor

Unfortunately updating the firmware to V1.70 has not fixed the fault.

It now shows F/W as 1.70, but loses tuning when powered off.

tuftyone
Visitor

Have a look at similar thread started by Martinlest (HXD recorder loses all channels...). You may have the same problem that I had.

johnmac39
Visitor

Thanks tuftyone,

The thread led me to a resolution indirectly, as the member took his machine to s service department who told him what they did to fix it.

I could'nt go back to an earlier firmware has only have a disc for v1.70, but based on their description I did the following:

1. Factory Reset (Hold STOP while pressing On/Off). Let it power off.

2. Remove mains supply for a few minutes (I allowed 10).

3. Power on recorder - comes up on Easy Set Up.

4. Follow menu to tune digital channels.

5. When completed go to Options menu - Setup/Options

6. Set Auto Software Update OFF

These actions to date have resolved the fault.