Join now - be part of our community!

NSZ-GS7 - Sky+hd via HDMI Question

profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumlad
Visitor

NSZ-GS7 - Sky+hd via HDMI Question

Hi there, hope someone can help with this one.

I am connecting my Sky+hd box via HDMI to the NSZ-GS7, then obviously HDMI out from the GS7 to the TV.

I'm finding that occasionally I lose signal from the sky+hd box via the GS7 to the TV and the only way to resolve that is to perform a full shut down and restart of the GS7.  The GS7 is normally on the Quick Start setting, so I have to switch that setting off, shut down and restart the GS7 and then switch the Quick Start back on.

I know the signal is coming from the Sky+hd box fine.  Anyone had any similar experience?

Cheers

21 REPLIES 21
Delmonte4
Visitor

Hi Drumlad

I have the same problem. I can get the TV to work but when I switch it off along with the GS7 the next time I switch it all on I don't get a signal to the TV. If I reboot the SKY+HD box it works again. I upgraded the software to the 09/08/12 version (latest) which fixed the double skipping menu problem on the Sky menus but the no TV signal is still a problem. I tried all the tips that I could find in the forum - Setting the Sky box to output 1080i only but this didn't change anything. I have reverted back to bypassing the GS7 and only connecting it when I need to which is disappointing.

Ta

gofrost

maybe this is stating the obvious but try disconnecting the sky box and then reconnect through nsz menu check hdmi control to on this is a default setting check cable try different hdmi connection on tv check picture and sound menu and that setting YCbCr/RGB is at auto these are all default settings and as you reset box i guess you might have a faulty cable/device as its an intermittent fault

Catmambo
Contributor

This has popped up a couple of times, but seems to be quite intermittant as I have a colleague with the same setup who hasn't experienced this - we've flagged it with the necessary people so hopefully have an update soon.

Thanks

jamllew
Visitor

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem and it is intermittant for me too.  Getting a bit frustrated with it.  Hope we can get a solution for this soon!

paulsmith1001
New

Exactly the same problem for me so I've had to move the GS7 from between the Sky box and TV to between the PS3 and the TV. Unfortunately rebooting the Sky box every morning isn't practical for me as the plug is in a very inexcessible place. It's not a big problem though as I can still have the TV running from the PS3 whilst using the GS7. But it is a little annoying that I can't use Sky at the same time. Looking forward to an update that'll fix it :slight_smile:

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi guys

Can you just confirm the model of Sky box you are using, so we can try and replicate?

Thanks

Delmonte4
Visitor

Hi

Mine is an Amstrad DRX890R SKY HD.

Further info - I can get the sound and no picture on occasions and if , on the NSZ, you go into settings - screen resolution and change it, the NSZ asks you if you want to reset it and then reboots. On reboot the picture is back. This saves re-booting the sky box which also works.

paulsmith1001
New

Hi

Mine's an Amstrad and the model number from the system details on screen is R004.049.21.00P (Sky+ HD)

Hope that helps

P.S. Fabulous service Sony!

jamllew
Visitor

Mine is an Amstrad drx890-z and I have the same system details as paulsmith1001 above.

Thanks for checking this out!