Join now - be part of our community!

Playback of photos on DVP-SR760H

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
CROWGHYLL
Explorer

Playback of photos on DVP-SR760H

Hi everyone. Recently purchased above CD/DVD player. All my holiday photos on DVD's are replaying out of date order. What am I not doing correctly. Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@CROWGHYLL 

At a guess, playing them in the order in which they are stored on the DVD, which is not date order.

Or maybe you have ‘Shuffle’ set in DISPLAY (Control Menu Display)  Page 4 in your manual:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4566/f199f4750d7b1a15524a014e6b3542d3/45663352M...

How did the photos get onto the DVD disc? What are some typical photo file names?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
CROWGHYLL
Explorer

Contacted Sony as you suggested and  I followed their instructions to totally reset the machine several times without any success. The outcome is that the machine has been returned to the supplier for a refund. Thanks for all your help looking for an answer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@CROWGHYLL 

At a guess, playing them in the order in which they are stored on the DVD, which is not date order.

Or maybe you have ‘Shuffle’ set in DISPLAY (Control Menu Display)  Page 4 in your manual:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4566/f199f4750d7b1a15524a014e6b3542d3/45663352M...

How did the photos get onto the DVD disc? What are some typical photo file names?

profile.country.GB.title
CROWGHYLL
Explorer

Thanks a lot for your help. Page 4 it was !!

profile.country.GB.title
CROWGHYLL
Explorer

Unfortunately I am unable understand the procedure to correct the shuffle you suggest may be causing the photos to show out of date order. It is definitely not the disc that is corrupt as I have tried several others and they all play incorrectly.

Technology isn't my strong suit. Help please

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@CROWGHYLL 

I have no clue, and the manual is as clear as mud, but:-

it suggests that Shuffle will return to Normal when the disc tray is opened or the player is turned off. However, this doesn’t seem to have been happening for you 😢

Another thing to try is to see what repeatedly pressing DISPLAY does. It may be that it causes the focus to move down the list marked 1 in the little diagram on page 4, so keep pressing it until it is on the 6th item down, SHUFFLE. Possibly with ON beside it, I don’t know. And press CLEAR, which should make it go off. Should. Maybe.

Or maybe you can arrow down that list if repeating DISPLAY doesn’t advance it….

If nothing works so far, there’s a RESET in SETUP, which may be worth selecting, but I don’t know how much it actually resets. There are a few Factory Reset options for Sony DVD players, but they don’t seem to apply to your model.

Failing all this, unless anybody else here knows what to do here, you will need to contact Sony, and ask them to explain the explanation in the manual of how to do this.

Good luck, and please let us know what, if anything, works!

profile.country.GB.title
CROWGHYLL
Explorer

Contacted Sony as you suggested and  I followed their instructions to totally reset the machine several times without any success. The outcome is that the machine has been returned to the supplier for a refund. Thanks for all your help looking for an answer.