Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

SOLVED
Flatbrat
Explorer

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

Help!!!!! My RDR-HXD890 has lost ALL channels- no EPG - zilch - Whats going on? Is Sony going to fix the problems? Does anybody know?

I have tried all the possible scenario's but no luck!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi everyone,

We are sorry you are experiencing this problem. We are aware of this issue and it has been flagged to our dedicated team.

We will update you as soon as we have more.

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

View solution in original post

114 REPLIES 114
jimtoner
Explorer

Exactly the same thing happened here. Is it the weather?

Fconway70
New

My hdd recorders epg disappeared tonight also. Tried to upload the firmware but it just keeps crashing when it gets to download 5. Any ideas?
pbannist
Explorer

same for me, just started happening today, no tv output to TV and EPG doesnt appear, or appears and looks different? some sort of update to the firmware gone wrong?

EFBenson

Exactly the same, and just started tonight, was working fine yesterday - I've also tried updating firware to 1.70 after reading this http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/RDR-HXD970/downloads/FW_DVDR_170 but I too am stuck at Download 5.  Not sure where to go with it next. Did the person who was trying to update ever get out of the Download 5 loop?  I don't think it can be the signal as the TV works fine. I did get a couple of brief glimpses of an EPG which was in a different format to the usual one but it disappeared in a matter of seconds.

EFBenson

Mine's an HXD970, by the way
rusco_
New

Hi all, I've specifically joined this forum to say exactly the same issue happened to our RDR-HXD890 last night.

We lost the EPG in the evening. I did a channel rescan, the EPG appeared in a strange green/blue colour for a few seconds, then disappeared again to a black screen. We were still able to view recordings, access the system settings etc, but nothing on the EPG.

I thought I'd look at updating the fireware etc this morning, however, when I went to the front room the machine was just stuck with "update" on the front and now wouldn't even switch on at all. I've totally unplugged the device for now.

It is a good job I found this thread, I just assumed some hardware had failed in the box, but clearly if we are all experiencing the same issue on the same evening something has gone wrong, I'm at a loss for a solution, I guess we all have to contact Sony?  We all couldn't have possibly suffered the same hardware failure on the same evening!

Any updates on the situation from you guys? I'll keep you informed.

CeeIsi
Explorer

Exactly the same thing here - started last night and now unresponsive to anything! Hopefully Sony will be able to suggest something soon
profile.country.GB.title
Crikeymate
Explorer

Having the same issue with my Rdr-HXD890. Box keeps freezing trying to update 😕

johnemiller
Explorer

Same with my HXD890 DVD. Strange lettering for a while and now nothing operates. Display panel continually shows UPDATE but nothing seems to be being updated. Hope SONY know. Support phone number only operates Mon to Fri 9-6pm. At least good to know problem isn`t with my machine but is generic. Hope something gets done soon!  John