Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

SOLVED
Flatbrat
Explorer

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

Help!!!!! My RDR-HXD890 has lost ALL channels- no EPG - zilch - Whats going on? Is Sony going to fix the problems? Does anybody know?

I have tried all the possible scenario's but no luck!

114 REPLIES 114
johnemiller
Explorer

Hi. Exactly the same problem last night with a constant UPDATE on display panel this morning but nothing operating. Let me know if problem resolves or if you`ve managed to get in touch with SONY. Cheers, John

EFBenson

So many people with same sudden problem shows this is definitely a Sony problem. I think we all need to make sure Sony are aware of the scale of the problem and can't dismiss it as individual machine failure - and more importantly sort out a fix!
profile.country.en_GB.title
LAINYRIDDAS
Explorer

Me too same problem I have 2 machines & both are the same Good to know its not just my machines though SONY get it sorted !!
jimtoner
Explorer

Yes my machine also has "update" in display now and wont turn on at all.

I just find this incredibly odd. Almost sci-fi in its spookiness. I was unaware that Sony had any further connection with my machine but presumably they are sending a new program to it, like ios updates from apple for an iphone, but how does this work without the internet?

Can anyone explain how someone-Sony presumably- can connect with my machine over digital tv?

I am glad this forum exists-which I hadnt realised until last night-or I would likely be down now buying new machine asuming the old one had just broken. 

I am really at a loss tho how this happens and just wish I could speak to Mr Sony soon.

actu_8
New

My HXD890 started malfunctioning yesterday. Went into update twice and now stuck there.

antnewma9
Explorer

Same for me - spent all last night trying to out a problem which I assumed was with my signal. In a way it's a relief to find that others have the same problem.

I'm leaving my machine on "update" in the hope that it eventually does and that Sony sorts this out quickly.

mat1lda
New

I am having the same problems with my HXD790. Since 7pm last night ,started with unusual program list format , then progressed to update being  stuck on the front panel and no control over the recorder. Hope that enough voices prompts Sony to take action

carolewill
Explorer

such a relief to find that others have the same problem - I've spent ages trying to update, rescan and reset :rolling_eyes:

carolewill
Explorer

whoops looks like Sony have a huge problem on their hands :anguished:

check out the comments on here

http://www.ukfree.tv/allcomments.php

and searching for support on the Sony website I get this error *

*KANA Knowledge Server is temporarily busy.  Please try again.**   :zipper_mouth:

sony995user
Explorer

I have the same issue with my RDR-HXD995.

Have emailed Sony for a solution but no response yet.