Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

SOLVED
Flatbrat
Explorer

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

Help!!!!! My RDR-HXD890 has lost ALL channels- no EPG - zilch - Whats going on? Is Sony going to fix the problems? Does anybody know?

I have tried all the possible scenario's but no luck!

114 REPLIES 114
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The RDR HXD870 should have a different firmware version (1.70), I own it myself.

the fact that both had the same problem at the same time it strange, since what makes it loosing the channell is some kind of memory mess that happens after several tuning and retuning of services available.

Mine is still working but I receive italian broadcast, so it may be a change in the Freeview broadcasting that make your RDRs not working anymore. The reset procedure you did is correct and worked everytime for me, so I do not know what to suggest further, sorry

profile.country.GB.title
shefflad
Explorer

Thanks again rooobb.  Sony have responded today by telling me to check that the firmware on the 890 model is the latest version (which it is), they also suggested a retune without the antenna connected followed by a retune with the antenna connected.  I've now tried that - no change.  They also suggested I try a full reset  -which I've already done of course.  Failing that, they suggest that I return the machine for an engineer's inspection - but I very much doubt that it's a machine fault because, as you say, both machines have failed at exactly the same time.

Also, the 870 model was originally disconnected.  When the 890 failed yesterday, I plugged in the 870 & that machine worked - however after I'd switched the 870 off & then on again, it no longer worked & had exactly the same problem as the 890 so I'm convinced that this is a Freeview issue, presumably the 870 had downloaded the update, between me turning it off & on again, which had also upset the 890.

I do recall a similar problem 6 years ago where a Freeview update caused a very similar, nationwide problem with these machines & Sony were initially unwilling to accept that there was a problem, simply telling everybody that their machines were faulty & required repair. After the scale of the issue made national news, a further Freeview update was transmitted which cured the problem.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just checked my own RDRHXD870 and it still works :wink: ... at least until they will switch to DVBT2 in Italy unfortunately.

Hope Freeview will change something and fix the problem for you, you could have done nothing to avoid it since there is no option in it to avoid the automatic update of the channels

profile.country.GB.title
shefflad
Explorer

Thanks rooobb

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

I've replied to your post in the other thread.