Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

SOLVED
Flatbrat
Explorer

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

Help!!!!! My RDR-HXD890 has lost ALL channels- no EPG - zilch - Whats going on? Is Sony going to fix the problems? Does anybody know?

I have tried all the possible scenario's but no luck!

114 REPLIES 114
ppspps
Explorer

Hi

YET AGAIN 31st July 2013

The automatic over the air updates of the firmware for sony hard disk recorder ranges RDR-HXD890 and RDR-HXD870 would appear to be for PIONEER recorders NOT for SONY recorders.

This has resulted in THOUSANDS of SONY recorders across the whole country no longer working.

Downloading the latest firm wear for these recorders from the Sony web site does NOT resolve the problem. When trying to apply the firm ware to the appropriate recorder the updates stop on DOWNLOAD 5 and never complete.

Please advise on a resolution for this problem.

If it is objective to annoy customers, SONY are succeeding.

Graham Benn

KATHY9090

Mine is working okay.
pewrigh38

@ ppspps

its nothing to do with any over the air firmware updates

its an epg fault on winter hill , and hopefully has now been rectified

please get your facts straight in future as bad information is worse than no information at all

thanks

brains123
Explorer

I purchased a Humax Freeview box and set it up with my Sony DVD so ariel into freeview box out to Dvd from dvd to tv.Prior to this EPG was ok and all channels were available.

Then later thar day I had no signal for DVD and no EPG- I spent an age trying ifferent cofigurations to no avail. Then I saw that I am not alone and its a Sony problem.

I hope they are going to get it sorted soon!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

What about the signal and EPG on the TV (last device on the chain)? It seems to me that your are connecting too many devices on the same aerial, the post you are referring to is quite old I didn't see any new problem on RDR HXD tuner reception...

spoton01
New

I have digital channels, but Film 4 and ITV 4 and some others are blank on the Guide.

If I do the Easy Set-up on the System Menu, all the programmes are visible on the Guide.

I set the recorder to ITV 4, and at the appropriate time it switches on but records blank.

profile.country.GB.title
shefflad
Explorer

This issue has occurred again today - I have a Sony RDR-HXD890 & a Sony RDR-HXD870, both of which were working perfectly yesterday but have suddenly lost all channels this morning!  My Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder still works so it seems to be confined to a Sony issue?  Tried retuning & resetting but still no channels.  I recall that the 2013 problems were eventually traced to a transmitted Freeview update which had caused Sony machines to fail to pick up any channels, solved after a couple of days by a revised transmitted Freeview update (after the issue made national news) & no problems for me since, until today.  Anybody else having problems at the moment?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The problem was fixed by a firmware update (v 1.24 for you device) but not completely solved.
If it happens again you should proceed with a reset and subsequent disconnection from power for few minutes.
Be sure to have the latest firmware installed.
profile.country.GB.title
shefflad
Explorer

Thank you rooobb - however, I can confirm that both of my Sony machines already have Firmware v1.24, which was installed via an update I downloaded & installed in January 2013.  I know this because I made a note in the instruction manuals at the time.

Both machines have suddenly lost all channels, this happened at some point between yesterday evening & this morning.  Following a reset (pressing & holding "stop" & pressing "power off") & subsequent setup scan, still no channels are found.  Also the clocks will not set on both machines, --:-- is displayed.

I know that the aerial signal is getting through to the machines, because it feeds through the recorders then out from the recorders to the TV via the coaxial lead - & the TV channels are all there.

I've also tried leaving them disconnected for a few minutes after re-set, but the problem remains.