Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

SOLVED
Flatbrat
Explorer

RDR-HXD890 DVD has no Digital channels

Help!!!!! My RDR-HXD890 has lost ALL channels- no EPG - zilch - Whats going on? Is Sony going to fix the problems? Does anybody know?

I have tried all the possible scenario's but no luck!

114 REPLIES 114

Mine Seems to have come back to Life by itself.

Still no information from Sony as to why the fault happened.

I just retuned back to the UK setting and the Guide seems to work okay again without me doing anything new.

(My software version as shown in the menu says 118 on the HXD890)

The version in the dolby menu using the angle button says 1.24.

This all seems to be the same as before anyway.

I have set the auto update to OFF just to be on the safe side.

(Although this may make no difference for this particular fault)

I was suprised to notice that he BBC had also picked up the News of the Sony fault

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23395516 

I hope you all have working machines again.

KATHY9090

You should just retune and all should be okay
Alexander-C

Hurrah, DVR finally working properly again - all channels back and EPG behaving normally. The EPG is still a different colour to normal, but as long as it works properly I don't really care.

MaverickUK
Explorer

AN OLDIE BUT A GOODIE WORKS LIKE A CHARM

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/freesat-freeview-sky-and-virgin/lost-my-freeview-channels-and-retune-n...

Tue, Oct 23 2012, 3:06PM #1

chebby
chebby's picture

RE: Lost my freeview channels and retune not resolved

Switch off TV. (Completely off, not just standby). Unplug aerial lead. Power up and switch on TV.

Go to yor settings and do scan for channels. (Obviously it won't find anything but let it complete the scan anyway.)

When complete, switch off/power off again.

Re-connect aerial lead.

Power on/switch on again. Repeat scan.

Hopefully it'll be ok.

Marantz M-CR603 + AirPlay • Rega R3 loudspeakers • iPhone 5 32GB • iMac • Apple Airport Extreme 802.11n • Apple iPad Mini • Panasonic TX-L32D25B • Sony BDP-S390 • Ruark Audio R1 Deluxe • Humax HDR-Fox T2

profile.country.en_GB.title
edward3691
Explorer

My recorder is rdr-hdx995. Understand it is same unit with different size hard drive,Same problem at about same time.We continued to use a previously recorded program as the rest of the machine seemed to work OK.However, next day it was unresponsive to the remote and the set buttons.After advice from Sony shop unplugged for 45 mins and tried again.No response and no display for about 45 seconds,but could hear motor running.then it made normal noises,still no display,and after about 2 mins the blue hard drive light illuminated.15 seconds later it went out and set is unresponsive.Have unplugged it pending reply to my email to Sony.Hope they can sort this out.I was not aware of the earlier problems and update so I am running on the original software, wonder if that makes a difference.

gebutte61
Explorer

Hi all, I have the same problem since yesterday, this morning with it stuck mon update I turnesd it off at the wall socket left it for a few minutes then turned on the socket and immediatly pressed the machines on button and it worked still have not got any digital channels though. this might help some of the clever ones though,

gebutte61

Hi,

My HDD-DVD RDR-HXD 790 is also suffering from the display stuck at "UPDATE" issue.

nigel19
Explorer

My cd burner didn't work so tried ISO on advice of others on here have now tried Windows own, IMGburn, Free Easy burner, Express Burn and ISO image burner nothing works so will give up trying to update and stay with vers 1.15 unless Sony can provide a disc as someone else mentioned.

pewrigh38

try the iso file in the download listed in this thread (1.24 for an 890)