Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 1080 receiver switching input always shows home screen

profile.country.GB.title
JackBerryman

Sony 1080 receiver switching input always shows home screen

Hello all, i’ve Just bought and set up my new 1080 and it’s almost perfect except for one thing. For some reason whenever I switch inputs (I.e to Netflix or turn on the PlayStation) the input switches ok but then just after the home screen pops up. This is really annoying as it means I then need to press the home button on the amp remote and I can’t just use 1 remote to control everything. Searching the net shows other people have solved this by disabling HDMI CEC but I really don’t want to do this as it would still mean having to switch the inputs manually. 

Anybody have any ideas on how to solve this? many thanks in advance. 

188 REPLIES 188
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Jack,

So you’ve just set up your new STR-DN1080, which is otherwise great, but the home screen appears when you switch inputs?

Thanks,
Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
JackBerryman

Yes that is the problem. Every time I switch input via the tv remote (LG b7) the amp home screen pops up and I have to press the home button to get back to my selected source

profile.country.GB.title
JackBerryman

Can anyone help with this? Is this standard behaviour? Or a fault with mine and I should return it?

profile.country.GB.title
Tarrier76

I have the same issue and it's very annoying.  Any advice from Sony / moderators?  I just don't want the Home Screen coming up when the Amp is switched on by the TV.

It's so annoying I'm genuinely considering returning the amp.

profile.country.GB.title
Tarrier76

Hey moderator.  Please can you reply to this thread with some helpful advice?  I find the arrogance of the Home Screen appearing every time I turn the TV on so annoying that I'm going to return the amp if it's not resolved soon.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Can you try first to reset the receiver to factory settings. More details on how to do this here.

If the issue remains could you send me a connection map diagram of all the devices connected to the receiver please.

Can you also let me know, if you try to connect only one of these devices and change the input does the home menu still appear?

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
RattusNorvegicus1

There is no acceptable workaround for this I have tried everything. 

Research suggests it’s because of the use of arc. 

I turn my tv on, the receiver comes on and I select Sky. Moments later the receiver decides to switch to Home and displays the home screen. I then have to go looking for the other remote to switch it back. 

I want it to default to Sat/Catv but there is no option to do this. 

Also this problem.... 

I have a Sat box and BR going in and a single output via hdmi arc to the tv. The tv no longer knows that these are two separate sources because of the use of single hdmi arc. I cannot route audio back to the amp from the tv without arc because the receiver doesn’t have an optical input (and if it did I wouldn’t want to use it. 

The reciever is is going back to the shop and I will research another brand. Apparently Marantz and Denon do not have this issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
RattusNorvegicus1

Standard behaviour 

profile.country.GB.title
RattusNorvegicus1

Who the hell wants to see the home screen unless you’re entering setup?