Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 1080 receiver switching input always shows home screen

profile.country.GB.title
JackBerryman

Sony 1080 receiver switching input always shows home screen

Hello all, i’ve Just bought and set up my new 1080 and it’s almost perfect except for one thing. For some reason whenever I switch inputs (I.e to Netflix or turn on the PlayStation) the input switches ok but then just after the home screen pops up. This is really annoying as it means I then need to press the home button on the amp remote and I can’t just use 1 remote to control everything. Searching the net shows other people have solved this by disabling HDMI CEC but I really don’t want to do this as it would still mean having to switch the inputs manually. 

Anybody have any ideas on how to solve this? many thanks in advance. 

188 REPLIES 188
profile.country.GB.title
GreenAndroid2000

There is an update available for this receiver, it seems to focus on adding eARC to the system, but you never know it might be fixing a few other things in the background.

Search for sony support DN1080, I downloaded and installed via a USB stick

profile.country.IE.title
cornelius1

Thanks Green Android2000, I'll check it today, and install it via WiFi.

Receiver should update automatically (WiFi) -my one is set to automatic updates

profile.country.GB.title
he_nd_ric

Yesterdays update did NOT solve the home screen bug.

profile.country.GB.title
RattusNorvegicus1

I solved this problem about six months ago by switching to a Denon

profile.country.IE.title
cornelius1

Same with me

profile.country.IE.title
cornelius1

Hi , I installed the update, but the problem still persists. Actually - the receiver is much slower now

RuudBol
Explorer

I have the same problem since i'm using ARC on a STR-DA2800ES

Please Sony fix this

profile.country.GB.title
Tarrier76

I’ve found a way to live with this home screen issue without it being a burden.  Clearly it would be better if this ‘feature’ was removed but, until it is, I find the following trick works and adds virtually nothing (no extra time or effort).

-To solve this issue, whatever input I’m switching to, I press that input’s button twice in quick succession.  So with Sky Q, pressing Sky once causes the HDMI control to switch STR to SAT and brings up the Home Screen of Doom.  Pressing it a second time removes it.  So pressing Sky twice in quick succession makes the HSoD disappear and I can continue watching as normal.  Same with PS4 - press PS button twice and I don’t get the home screen.

Imperfect solution but works for me.

profile.country.GB.title
he_nd_ric

Does not work with my LG smart-tv unfortunately.

profile.country.GB.title
ccarmock

Sony - please will you acknowledge this issue, and provide a fix in new firmware.

If you insist you prefer this method of operation, listen to your customers here, who do not.  However make it a configurable option in System Settings and then everyone is happy.

This is a top-end AV Amp - so please don't igore this problem.