Join now - be part of our community!

Sony bdv-9100

SOLVED

Sony bdv-9100

I am trying to buy this home theatre system but it's not available in uk can someone please tell me if it will be released in uk or if there is a another way to obtain one which is ok to work in uk
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

I have received another e-mail from yet another department of Sony :

Thank you for your email.

The vast majority of feedback that we have had from UK stores is that satellite speakers (the smaller speakers) are preferable over tall boy speakers. We do range the BDV-E4100, which has two tall boy speakers and two satellite speakers, so the option is there for customers if they are interested in that set up.

With regards to your question about why the UK is not offering the higher spec models, please note that the spec of the BDV-N7200 and BDV-N9200 is exactly the same - the only difference is the height of the speakers. So the UK market isn’t being offered a lower spec version in terms of features, output power and sound quality - only in terms of speaker height.

Well there you go, I will congratulate the various departments for replying but I am afraid the solution comes down to us, the customer.
We either risk buying model variations from another country or change brand !

If it ain't broke don't fix it

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Success !!

As of yesterday the BDV-N9100 will be available to the people of the UK, thankyou for listening Sony ?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Maybe try giving the Sales department a ring on : 0845 6000 124

Cheers

Thanks
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

I too have been trying to source one of these units as I would prefer the tall speakers over the book shelf type. I have contacted every department possible within Sony UK and have had absolutely no joy ! Just last week I tried  using the on-line chat with a Sony representative who replied that the units would unlikely be available to the UK. The only alternative appears to be a European unit which will need 2 pin to UK three pin adapters fitted, then how do you go about warranty and returns if it is faulty ? You would not be able to purchase from Sony online / outlet.

Please let me know how you get on, the more of us that request these models the more chance that Sony will listen. That goes for Blu-ray recorders as well !

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi jostore28, I too prefer the four tallboys speakers.

You may be interested to know that the BDV-N9200 was, amongst other BDV's, that were announced at CES 2014 so you may want to wait for one of those to hit the shops, but, looking at the Sony online store systems with Blu-ray Disc products page it does not look like it's going to be available in the UK either, only the BDV-N7200W is listed.

BDV-N9200 image shown below.

/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/142276i4BD1F1D3CFE70020/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Might be worth contacting either the sony online store or see if a local Sony stockist can advise if either the older BDV-N9100 or the newer BDV-N9200 are available.

I for one would be interested in the answer so if you get an answer please update this thread.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Yes, I noticed the N9200 and like you could see that we are (so far) not offered the product. I find it incredulous that the UK cannot purchase this as the only difference is the speaker size, oh, and the plug. Sony are losing business here, I waited and waited for the Blu-ray recorders to be released (as in Japan 2009) until I finally received an e-mail saying that they would not release them here due to consumers relying on PVR's, Sky & Virgin boxes and network streaming - I apologise to Sony on behalf of the UK for our short sightedness ! I ended up changing brand and bought a Panasonic unit. Politics politics....

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

I have today received this e-mail from Sales.GB@Shop.Sony-Europe.com :

Thank you for your query. Our line-ups come from a careful evaluation of the market, and we conduct various research activities to determine what is most suitable to sell during a given season. We do thank you very much and appreciate your feedback. We are actually having an internal meeting around the 21st of January, which may shed more light as to what we will be focusing on for our spring line up. While we may not be able to disclose certain information, we may be able to provide you with a brief overview of what we potentially may have in out Spring line up. Therefore, feel free to get back in touch with us in a weeks time,  we would be more in a position to guide you through your query. Thank you and have a good day.

So, is this promising ? I will e-mail again as suggested and update this thread.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

The email response could be taken several ways -
If previous years are anything to go by then market research activities have probably given the same negative outcome for the four tall boy setup.
Therefore I wouldn't expect a different outcome from an internal meeting.

On a positive note at least the reply to your query was not 'no we will not be including the BDV-N9200 as part of the spring lineup' so there is still a glimmer of hope.
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

I suggest as many interested people as possible e-mail the link, this may have more of an effect ?

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

I have received another e-mail from yet another department of Sony :

Thank you for your email.

The vast majority of feedback that we have had from UK stores is that satellite speakers (the smaller speakers) are preferable over tall boy speakers. We do range the BDV-E4100, which has two tall boy speakers and two satellite speakers, so the option is there for customers if they are interested in that set up.

With regards to your question about why the UK is not offering the higher spec models, please note that the spec of the BDV-N7200 and BDV-N9200 is exactly the same - the only difference is the height of the speakers. So the UK market isn’t being offered a lower spec version in terms of features, output power and sound quality - only in terms of speaker height.

Well there you go, I will congratulate the various departments for replying but I am afraid the solution comes down to us, the customer.
We either risk buying model variations from another country or change brand !