Join now - be part of our community!

Sony STR DN 1040 HDMI passthrough function not working

Chaudax
Explorer

Sony STR DN 1040 HDMI passthrough function not working

I bought a STR DN1040 AV receiver on 29/12 and the HDMI pass through function is not working. I have control for HDMI set to ON and pass through Auto. There is no ON option only Off or auto! When I switch the receiver off the picture and sound from the TV comes through but after 20 secs there is a clicking noise from the receiver and the screen goes blank and also no sound. I called Sony and reset the receiver but still the same problem. I called back Sony and they said return the amp and get a new one. I did this but I still have exactly the same problem with the new receiver. I have checked and even changed the HDMI cables and changed the TV but the problem is still there. I have the latest firmware after an update. I am now seriously thinking of returning the amp and getting my money back. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?. Thanks
128 REPLIES 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys.

Sometimes you can get back what you type by going into your forum account, and on the side it might have 'drafts'.  Also, sometimes just reloading the reply window and it will come up with 'load previous' or 'discard'

Its not perfect, but has saved me numerous times - as it does auto-save

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Cheers for the advice. I'll keep it in mind for next time. :slight_smile:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MishterTea
Explorer

@MK_Slinky wrote:

Yes I should have learned by now, it happens often on this forum!

I've sent you a shortened reply by PM, if anything works I'll repost it here. It might help someone.

Let me know how you get on. :wink:

Don't seem to have received this Slinky?

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Rich,

I re-sent you a couple of private messages earlier this morning, hopefully you'll get them this time.

I think there might be some problems with the Sony websites at the moment, I couldn't log into either just now, it kept saying my my password was not recognised and threatened to lock me out. Bizzarely I use Norton Password Vault and so all logins are automatic and cannot be wrong.

Likewise I keep receiving private emails telling me that I have private messages in the forum but when I check there aren't any! Wierd!!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MishterTea
Explorer

@MK_Slinky wrote:

Hi Rich,

I re-sent you a couple of private messages earlier this morning, hopefully you'll get them this time.

I think there might be some problems with the Sony websites at the moment, I couldn't log into either just now, it kept saying my my password was not recognised and threatened to lock me out. Bizzarely I use Norton Password Vault and so all logins are automatic and cannot be wrong.

Likewise I keep receiving private emails telling me that I have private messages in the forum but when I check there aren't any! Wierd!!

Hi Slinky, yeah forums must be a bit screwed - havent received any new PMs from you since 'Sent: ‎05-06-2014 09:58 PM'

Cheers,

Rich

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Rich, sorry about the lack of emails. I've notified the community manager about the issue, hopefully it can be sorted quickly!

For the time being if you need any help use this forum. I can always copy the text from my PM and post here if it will help?

profile.country.GB.title
MishterTea
Explorer

Hi Slinky,

Apologies for vanishing for a while, work + plumbing issues this time! Anyhow, any news from Sony on the forum issues?

After a few weeks with the amp I'm still very happy - it's almost perfect! Still hoping to track down why my TV refuses to see it after the TV has been hard switched off over night.. not exactly a major issue though.

Cheers,

Rich

profile.country.GB.title
MishterTea
Explorer

FYI I'd somehow managed to hit the 'ignore' button on Slinky so no PMs where getting through to me, incase anyone else faces a similar issue. Must have got a bit trigger happy..

It wasn't anything personal, honest.. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I'm saying nothing.., I'm ignoring you! LOL!! :laughing:

Glad it's all sorted, at least I don't have to log an issue with this forum now. :slight_smile:

Davidevr
New

I have the same problem too.

But, if it's any consolation for all of us, I tested the consumption:

Standby with passtrough working in those 20 seconds: 35 watts

amp on with mute activated: 40 watts.

I know that the problem is not solved, but at least you have an idea that the savings in terms of consumption is ridiculous with standby passtrough.