Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

As many of you know, Sony has posted the following below on thier support pages - even though the issue has been fixed at source (i.e the broadcasting end), from my understanding it will take a few days in order for any residual corrupt data to clear itself.  In the meantime, you might experience times that its all fine, then other times the symptoms again.

Cheers

_20161022_103040.JPG

DianaCann
Explorer

Glad to hear that the problem is now fixed. However, still glad I did the rescan and removed the channels that had caused the problem. No duplicate recordings now, a responsive remote and EPG and fewer duff channels that I no longer need to wade through. Also, have had to lower volume control now as recordings are clearer. Win win all round! 

Angela4791
Explorer

@Anonymous

Thanks! It seems to be back to normal now, let's hope it keeps up that way. If not, at least I know, thanks to you, where to search for further asistance. Many thanks for your guidance and help :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
colum_ritchie
Explorer

Yes, all seems back to normal.

Able to move through the EPG with normal ease, setup new recordings and no dupicate recordings.

And seems it wasn't a Sony issue after all.

profile.country.GB.title
TerrorByte
Explorer

All seems to be back to normal. I did not apply the fix in the end.

Thanks @Anonymous for the updates!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

I am now closing this thread, as it seems many (including my mum) state that this is all working again.

Thank you all for yourThanks (cant figure out how to phrase it)  🙂  @TerrorByte @Angela4791

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Myitshot
Explorer

Please dont close the thread for another week.

I assumed everything was fine after we were told the fix had been made on the broadcast side.  I manged to set up some series recordings and the remote moved around the guide at normal speed again.

However, since then I have discovered that I can't add another series recording (although single recording works) and the guide is slowing up and (occasionally) buffering once more.  I have added about 8 to 10 recordings back in but have about the same number to go.  It's like it's full up!

Could I ask others have they succesfully restored ALL their recording list back to what it was pre-12 Oct rather than just successfully added some stuff?

pajorda64
New

Thank you for your assistance.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
Ice-bore
Explorer

All seems back to normal now, many thanks for resolving the issue promptly.

profile.country.GB.title
copperbeeches
Explorer

Like everyone else posting here - all seems to be back to normal.  Great achievement ;-)

When I carried out the second batch of instructions from SONY - following the FULL RESCAN was it necessary to add the 3 designated channel numbers prior to saving?  I don't think I ever did this prior to the Manual Scan advice issued via SONY.  When I carried out the revised update - I just left the 3 channels as 'unspecified'.  Does it matter?  Or shall I do it again and this time add in the 3 channels that I entered when I carried out the Manual Scan?