Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183
profile.country.en_GB.title
colum_ritchie
Explorer

not seeing any issues on my HDT500, single recordings, moving through guide/menus all running fine

profile.country.GB.title
macateb1
Explorer

I've not had any problems since the new rescan - and I've done lots of recordings to test it.

It's odd that they had matched the same problems a lot of us were getting a few weeks ago.

The weather hasn't been great so maybe it's possible that a sightly corrupt signal, when the tv guide was updating, could be a cause.

Anyone else's box been sluggish when looking at TV guide and when fast forwarding programmes? Mine is and that's what happened just before it started to double record last time 

danandlyn
Explorer

Yes, even more so over the last few days, sluggish epg and ff and rw during playback