Join now - be part of our community!

TalkTalk/Tiscali iPlayer issues Blu-ray

profile.country.en_GB.title
PeterJ101
Visitor

TalkTalk/Tiscali iPlayer issues Blu-ray

I've a BDP S570 and a EX732 and iplayer has worked ok until last few days. Its great when it works! But over the last few days it now runs out of memory loading the home page and goes into a loop of re-trying until I press HOME to break out of it. Very frustrating. I've been scanning the message boards and lots of folks have been having problems but not seen any mention of this one. Is there a fix or is it just another BBC problem?

Message was edited by: Catmambo

Message was edited by: Catmambo

80 REPLIES 80
5jackos
Visitor

I am having exactly the same problem with a new BDP S370 and TalkTalk ISP, iPlayer has not worked at all since I got the player on 10th december. I look forward to a solution as soon as possible.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi guys

Just an update - flagged it with TalkTalk management and they are now looking into it. No update on a fix per se, but at least they are now aware of the problem.

Will feedback as soon as I have some more news.

Thanks for your patience

madtek
Visitor

Hi,

I too have the same problem with the iplayer on my new BDP-S370. It works on the odd occasion but most of the time it tries to load the full blown iplayer web page and loops with a memory full error.

I am on Pipex (also part of Talk Talk).

PLEASE let me know the progress of this isuue - it is driving me mad.

Thanks.

Catmambo
Contributor

Just an update on this, my colleagues are sending over a BDP-S370 over to TalkTalk's QA guys so they can try and replicate the problem on their side. So it is actively being looked at.

Thanks

stetrice
Visitor

This is still an issue with Virgin Media customers (like myself). Although the Proxy method does work, there are lots of issues with streaming (for me at least).

Is anything being done to pursue VM to get this fixed?

Catmambo
Contributor

Issues that aren't fixed by using the proxy? Can you explain a little more?

Thanks

pawylie29
Visitor

I also have a BDP-s570 and am with Tiscali or Talk Talk as it is now.  I am also getting the same memory errors as others are describing here. It is attempting to connect to the main iplayer site, not the big screen site. It works fine on my wii so you wouldn't have thought it was the IP?.

Travelling_ken
Visitor

I Had the same issue with  my BDP-S370 on Tiscalli but the I-Player is now working as of 7th January

gregorylisowski
Visitor

Hi,I have the 370 home cinema system and I get the message not enough memory trying to get onto bbciplayer. This does not always happen sometimes I get straight onto bbc iplayer.What is going on I am with Talk Talk (Tiscali).. When will it be fixed ?

All the best Greg.

PeterJ101
Visitor

....and based on your postingKen  I tried it again this morning and it worked three times in a row! Has someone finally done somthing? I don't want to get too excited....