Join now - be part of our community!

UPDATED ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

UPDATED ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

Hi all,

To avoid having several thread son the same subject I thought I'd try an let you know what I believe has happened so far, please don't shot the messenger after all I am only a user like yourselves & DO NOT WORK FOR SONY..

As you all have noticed Sony do not have technical support on the weekends, one of the 'Experts' noticed several users posting regarding RDR machines either stuck in Update or Digital channels missing and emailed one of our contacts in Sony this morning but as far as I am aware there has not been a reply..

I have also noticed that the newly appointed Community Managers have as also flagged this issue to their dedicated team (see post), unfortunately as it's the weekend I wouldn't expect any information to made available until Monday..

Quinnicus has posted two temporary workarounds that will hopefully allow you to use your RDR's..

For those stuck in Update please click HERE

For those with the No Digital Channels Issue please click HERE

I can imagine that you are frustrated by the lack of official response from Sony but could I ask that rather than creating several threads on the subject you instead just click on Me Too on this thread that will indicate how many users that have visited the forum are affected by the problem..

I am affected by the current RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue & have clicked on Me Too

UPDATE:

Hopefully the EPG is on your Sony RDR devices should now be back to normal..

I would like to thank all the Community forum members who helped in assisting others through this problem..:smileythumbsup:

167 REPLIES 167
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Ok Latest update as promised..

"Sony tech guys have had it confirmed by the BBC that there is a problem with the Winter hill transmitter.
They are fixing the problem but it may take some hours."

I know it's not a fix but hope this helps explain the current problem you guys seem to be facing..

As off 11:00 am Wednesday the channels seem to have stopped dropping out. I have a recording scheduled for 11:15-12:00 so I am not going to reset the recorder until afterwards. Radio 4 Extra recorded OK at midnight and 8:00 this morning. BBC 1 not OK at 9:00am but might be OK now.

A definitive OK from Sony would be nice and some sort of explanation no matter how technical.

I email Arqiva yesterday. No response as yet.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Latest feedback from Sony..

@kendoddsdadsdogsdead wrote:

A definitive OK from Sony would be nice and some sort of explanation no matter how technical.

I have been informed that the Winter Hill problem should now be fixed, anyone else confirm this.?

binbags

Hi

I did an email to http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107051580#b722924

which I presume is connected to Winter Hill, they have not replied as yet.  I linked them to this web page, so they could see what we were going through.

Anyway have just read the last post and went to re-try my HXD870.................and as found all is now OK.

But we have to ask for how long!!!!  Has anyone had a reply from Sony?

Just keep your fingures crossed that this is the last problem.

pewrigh38

thank you thalamus

can confirm the winter hill transmitter fault has now been rectified
binbags

Hi All

Just to say thanks to all and we hope that this is the last fix.:smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

binbags

Hi

Just add a few notes.  My TV system is a Samsung LE32R7 and since the 4G start I have been getting slight pixilation of the picture even with the new filter in. 

My TV has about 77% signal strength 100% quality.  The HXD870 on BBC 1 is 89% signal strength 100% quality. The HXD870 has always been better at receiving the TV signal than the TV tuner.

I have a high gain antenna and no amplifier apart from the 4G filter; as I was I would not need one when Freeview was put to full strength.   All this is from the Winter Hill Tx.

LastLap

Following the dreadful fiasco last month I am again unable to use my RDR-HXD870 DVD recorder.   It only recorded part of a programme then it was stuck in Update mode.   I got it out of that but it will only record one minute of programmes and Write Error messages come up.   It is also freezing for minutes at a time in Title List or Guide pages - USELESS!   This needs to be sorted out and as I bought the machine from Sony, it is down to them to let us know what is happening and if this is going to be a recurring problem.   I am in Scotland and don't know anything about a Winterhill transmitter so think this may be another issue.  

A DVD Recorder needs to be able to record to be classed as 'fit for purpose' and if it cannot be relied on, I feel it should be up to Sony to offer a replacement that won't keep letting us down.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can I referr you to the first post by Catmambo on the official thread. 

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Home-Cinema-Projectors-Players/Sony-Official-Update-Thread-RDR-Missin...

That should help you resolve your problems.

Cheers

LastLap

Thank you.   I've just tried again but still just get the Write Error message after a minute.   Very frustrating!