Join now - be part of our community!

UPDATED ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

UPDATED ***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

Hi all,

To avoid having several thread son the same subject I thought I'd try an let you know what I believe has happened so far, please don't shot the messenger after all I am only a user like yourselves & DO NOT WORK FOR SONY..

As you all have noticed Sony do not have technical support on the weekends, one of the 'Experts' noticed several users posting regarding RDR machines either stuck in Update or Digital channels missing and emailed one of our contacts in Sony this morning but as far as I am aware there has not been a reply..

I have also noticed that the newly appointed Community Managers have as also flagged this issue to their dedicated team (see post), unfortunately as it's the weekend I wouldn't expect any information to made available until Monday..

Quinnicus has posted two temporary workarounds that will hopefully allow you to use your RDR's..

For those stuck in Update please click HERE

For those with the No Digital Channels Issue please click HERE

I can imagine that you are frustrated by the lack of official response from Sony but could I ask that rather than creating several threads on the subject you instead just click on Me Too on this thread that will indicate how many users that have visited the forum are affected by the problem..

I am affected by the current RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue & have clicked on Me Too

UPDATE:

Hopefully the EPG is on your Sony RDR devices should now be back to normal..

I would like to thank all the Community forum members who helped in assisting others through this problem..:smileythumbsup:

167 REPLIES 167
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Please refer to the following thread:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/rdr-issues-may-2014-master-thread/m-p/...

Simply Click the "Me Too" button on the first post, to register that you have an issue. 

Thank you.

Mr_Onion

My RDR is showing the same problems.  Channels are missing/intermittant and retuning didn't solve the problem. The look of the EPG has changed since I was in there last.The 'Replace Chanells' works OK, but the result doesn't

Belmont is showing no issues

I have tried 'going on holiday' to France and everything is OK. Sounds familiar?

conhacons
Explorer

All 10 of my Sony 870/ Pioneer LX60D recorders stuck on UPDATE this morning!!!!! Note that  four are on Crystal Palace, and the other six are on Hannington transmitters. Did the usual of holding the power button till it switched off, then quickly power back on again, else it goes straight back into update mode again. Several did a repair, however they all seem to be having problems with the DIGITAL EPG, that is, showing a channel for a few seconds, then going blank when the DIGITAL EPG tries to fill, so will have to switch to the dead GUIDE+ for now, till "someone" says it's "fixed" again!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Please see the following thread for more information:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/rdr-issues-may-2014-master-thread/m-p/...

A temp work around in getting freeview channels back, is to re-tune the RDR and select Replace Channels.  When asked which country, choose "France".

Cheers

JLN100
Explorer

My RDR-HXD770 suffered simliar synotoms 23.5.14. seems ok today 24.5.14.

ricross50

Hi,

Has anyone had this happen again?

Our RDR-HDX970 has this evening lost all digital channels. DVD player and HDD recording play okay. The EPG looks screwy and sometimes shows some programs. Signal check shows good and we have a newer Sony Bravia Freeview HD TV in another room off the same aerial which works fine. I've tried checking for an update but after the progress bar eventually started going the screen went blank and the box now seems stuck in Update...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there ricross50

Can I please point you to the following thread :

It has some temporary work arounds that may help you, as well as any further updates ill be updating that thread.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
shefflad
Explorer

Me too - My RDR HXD870 & RDR HXD890 both stopped working on the morning of 11/09/2019.  Both machines show no channels, latest firmware is installed.  Tried the stop/off button reset, also tried retuning without the antenna connected & then with the antenna connected as suggested by Sony but still no channels.  Antenna's fine as my TV still works.

The RDR HXD870 was originally disconnected - after the RDR HXD890 failed I connected up the RDR HXD870 which worked - until I turned it off & then back on again, only to find that machine had immediately developed the same issue.

I can't believe that both machines have developed the same fault at the same time due to some sort of breakdown, I think it's likely that something's been transmitted which has caused both machines to fail - as they temporarily did due to the problematic update transmitted back in July 2013.  Just wondering whether anybody else is having similar problems?

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

I have two 870's one is in permanent daily use and the other used very intermittently (probably not been powered up... as in mains connected... in the last couple of weeks). Both are working fine. Just tried a factory reset on the little used one and that was fine as well, all channels correctly tuned and program guide populated. I'm on Winter Hill transmitter. 

profile.country.GB.title
shefflad
Explorer

Thanks Mooly01 - I'd been re-trying both of mine (re-set & re-tune) every day since they failed last week, with no luck.

However, I've just tried this evening - & both of them are now working!

Thanks again for your reply, greatly appreciated.