Join now - be part of our community!

Viber doesn't work on mobile data

SOLVED
Mai_209
Visitor

Viber doesn't work on mobile data

I've got m4 dual sim version. When I'm using viber with my mobile Internet, not with wi fi, it doesn't work! All the other apps do! I've checked the settings,  app permissions.... Nothing helped 

Topic edited by Rickard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

If it works over WiFi but not mobile data while other apps works on mobile data, it sounds like it's being blocked in the network by your operator.

What you can try is to remove the proxy from your internet settings and see if that helps under Settings -> Mobile -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names. If this doesn't help, i recommend that you contact your operator for assistance.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Mai_209

Are you on 3G or 4G? if not perhaps the data its too slow, also check if your carrier/network has blocked this service.

Do you have any antivirus or taskillers? stamina mode? battery apps? disabled background data on any app?

Mai_209
Visitor

I'm on 3G. Have no anti-virus or taskillers. Stamina is off. Background data is on.
Rickard
Master

If it works over WiFi but not mobile data while other apps works on mobile data, it sounds like it's being blocked in the network by your operator.

What you can try is to remove the proxy from your internet settings and see if that helps under Settings -> Mobile -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names. If this doesn't help, i recommend that you contact your operator for assistance.

Mai_209
Visitor

The problem was in Internet settings. It was using wap protocol. My operator advised me to input settings manually. Now everything is fine.
Rickard
Master

I'm glad to hear that you got it solved Slightly_smiling_Face

Sonymanpro
Visitor

I used Viber,  

I would recommend Whats App instead,

It seems to work a lot better for me , works on data, and uses much less data than Viber!  

anurada
Visitor

try to connect through an vpn

ckho
Visitor

how are you BLE TO USE IT PLEASE ELABORte i hVE THE SAME PROBLEM  WITH 4G THE VIBER DOESNT WORK BUT ON WIFI IT  DOES

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@ckho 

do you have unlimited data or is it limited to certain apps?