Join now - be part of our community!

Broken display, cannot screen unlock. HELP!

SOLVED
tycoon1
Visitor

Broken display, cannot screen unlock. HELP!

Hello! The display of my Xperia S has broken and now i cannot  unlock the phone. How can i unlock phone and access to my data and contacts from google account or PC (USB) for backup? Please help! It`s very important!

Tags (1)
29 REPLIES 29
tycoon1
Visitor

Good idea, will try!

I tryed to connect by HDMI to TV as a display, but it does not work (no HDMI signal before unlock as you mentioned). I set a pattern as lock. Is any usb mouse will work with Xperia?

dquilon
Contributor

Sure, at least the ones I have tried (microsoft branded) works... both wireless Arc Touch Mouse, and wired...

Dont forget to mark my post as Solution or Kudos if it worked Slightly_smiling_Face

Glad to help and hopefully you recover your data...

tycoon1
Visitor

It was very difficult. Blindly, only by red lines appearance. But i did it, thanx. Now i see all on the TV.

edon
Visitor

my issue is quite similar to this with extra challenge. No display LCD (black screen with some lines but on the cracks) all are cracked includes the touched swell.

My phone's security comes with pattern and SIM lock PIN code.

nick999
Visitor

I have more or less the same issue.... my screen does not respond at all but it is readable and i need to access the phone to download information. Now its locked totally so I have to enter pin code first..... So You mean if I get a usb on the go dongle i can connect a normal mouse or keyboard to the phone and communicate that way??

I doubt that a Sony Ericsson X10 mini pro have support for USB OTG ?? Or???

dquilon
Contributor

Well...

Did you have your Mini Pro with ICS?

My wife's Xperia Pro supports USB OTG, so it wouldn't be too crazy to think that the Mini Pro would also be able to support it...

coiaboy
Visitor

Worked a treat for me, thank you!

Used female to micro USB adapter, plugged in my Mac mouse and unlocked the phone easily using the cursar.  I was then able to use Android File Transfer to back up all my data and I'm now off to get my screen and digitiser fixed.

Thanks again.

thoke44
Visitor

So did you use a mouse? Which kind

xtianrubin
Visitor

It happends when i make a shutter shot.

then after that  i cant stop it..

it countinously making shots so i forced to switch it off,

but when i turned it on, all was not appear but when i try to call my phone it ringings,

i can hear the keyboard. this morning the alarm is working and i cannot switch it offf.

please help me just a simple idea with this phone.

now i realize how defficult to have a built in battery phone like this z1 compact.

xcrossx
Visitor

I had exactly the same problem with my compact Z ( cracked screen, no touch working at all ) and just tried your mouse idea and i have to say you are a genius!!!

Thank you