Join now - be part of our community!

DELETED APP SHORTCUT BY MISTAKE; HOW TO GET IT BACK?

SOLVED
AliWonder
Visitor

DELETED APP SHORTCUT BY MISTAKE; HOW TO GET IT BACK?

I was just trying to move an app shortcut to the bottom of my Home screen; but that stupid trash can always opens & thinks you want to put things in there (WHY does it have to do that?!), & it ended up in there by mistake. The app is still on the phone as it's in App's, so I cannot re-download it - but how do I get the shortcut back? This is really annoying!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bearings
Contributor

Touch your home screen and on top right corner there is a plus sign. Tap plus sign and you go to "Add to Home Screen". Tap first icon "Shortcuts", than "Applications", find the App you want to add and long press. It will appear on your Home Screen.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Bearings
Contributor

Touch your home screen and on top right corner there is a plus sign. Tap plus sign and you go to "Add to Home Screen". Tap first icon "Shortcuts", than "Applications", find the App you want to add and long press. It will appear on your Home Screen.

AliWonder
Visitor

Thanks!

Oxyyyy
Visitor

More simple way.

Just go to your application in the launcher. Press and hold it. It will bring the icon to your home page. Release your finger Slightly_smiling_Face

AliWonder
Visitor

Thank you!

NicoDreamWork
Visitor

Thank you, but dragging the message app back to the home screen, just displays the outline, then opens the app when released, and the shortcut is still missing?

1Vijaykumar
Visitor

How to delite?

Visitor

I haven't found out how to get it back but I did find a tempary solution to the problem.

I went to a blank space on my screen and held it in till the wall paper option comes up, click widgets, find the whatsapp simble, click it, then click whatsapp chat, select any chat of ur choice  and there u will have a tempary whatsapp short cut to get into whatsapp

Rocky69
Visitor

How do I restore my shortcut that were accidentally removed. I have an iphone