Join now - be part of our community!

How to change the length of the ringtone before the call is send to VM

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

How to change the length of the ringtone before the call is send to VM

1) *#61# in the dial pad

this will then bring up a number and how long your ring time is write down the number you'll need it later
2) on the dial pad again type this
**61*(put the number you written down before here e.g. 07923874658)*11*(how long u want it to ring for before voicemail e.g. 30 for 30 seconds)#
so it should look like this **61*07923874658*11*30#
3) exit everything, back to the dial pad, dial  *#61# just to double check that it worked

19 REPLIES 19
GeorgeII
Visitor

thanks your initial instruction worked a treat .  been really bugging me that it rings for such a short time before heading to VM.  Happy now. (Also get to hear more of my ringtone - Love Eagle Rock !!)

Liz70
Visitor

I keep getting this message: Call forwarding Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

Just one mistake I may be making.....after all the info is entered.....how do I exit to the dial pad ? I have done numerous ways. 

Liz70
Visitor

Maybe it's my network. I am using Tracfone. Will call them 

sonyyyy
Visitor

Thanks very much. Why did they make it so difficult and impossible to find withing the phone settings?

profile.country.GB.title
Millie15
New

Thankyou for your very helpful advice.  I followed the instructions and increased my time from 15 seconds to 30 seconds.   .   Great help. Thankyou.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@MillieP15

Anytime

petethepom
Visitor

my phone only rings twice how can I get it to ring at least eight times?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@petethepom

It's network dependent but check my solution. 

LISTENER
Visitor

Hi. 

Thanks, but this didn't work for me. I get "incorrect mmi code", after typing in the second command with the amended ring duration.

Is this code current? I have an xz3.

Kind regards, Dave

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@LISTENER 

You might want to google your carrier network, maybe they use a different code