Join now - be part of our community!

My battery gauge is tricking me?

SkyEx
Visitor

My battery gauge is tricking me?

Okay, here's the thing. I bought my Xperia ion about 3 months ago, and so far it has been great; except for one thing. It happened a few times before, and I let it go, but I'm not having any of it anymore. The phone gives me a low battery notification at around 43-41% of battery or a little less.

The first time it happened, I thought the battery was actually drained. I put the phone on charge, but then the battery precentage it shows on the top corner of the lock screen was 40%. It happened again but I was on a trip on top of a mountain. So basically, I couldn't take photos for the second half of the trip, and so many memories would've been lost if it weren't for my friend's Note II.

After that one time, I suppose the battery was actually completely drained during the time spent from when it shut off till I went home. The phone stopped doing it for a while after that, and I remember one time it reached 12% without giving me the 0% battery notification. But two days ago, it happened again. Also, just now, it almost shut down at 43% and now I put it on charge.

I love Sony's phones and I always have. This one has been really amazing so far, the camera, the screen, the sound, everything is pure quality, but I'd love for them to last a bit longer. I really hope someone could help.

Thank you.

84 REPLIES 84
sajalsamanta
Visitor

Working smooth...no suden drops!!...all credit goes to you Slightly_smiling_Face

Cambodia-Volerk
Visitor

I have the same problem and i try to repair my Ion through Sony PC Companion but it is not work for me, so how can i fix this problem? Or i have to wait JB release? I really like the product from sony i hope you don't make me feel so sad about the bug with the battery:smileysad:

sajalsamanta
Visitor

Hi,

Have you tried this link..

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/128862

If you don't get result here...I feel, you may need to get it to an authorised service centre..

Cambodia-Volerk
Visitor

Yes i have tried it all but it seems not work for me Slightly_frowning_Face

Cambodia-Volerk
Visitor

one more thing now it really strange i have stand by my Xperia Ion and when i press the power buton it shutdown automatic and i need to charge in order to restart it when i restart i see my battery is full 100% but berfore it just 50% and when i disconnect the charger it shutdown quickly now i am so sad about this don't know how to fix it?:smileysad:

sajalsamanta
Visitor

Slightly_frowning_Face I assume your handset has a different battery issue, and I thought there was a sudden drop in battery %. Apologies that I had sent you a thread for sudden drop of battery percentage.

I suggest you to visit an authorised service centre, or try to update the software by PC companion by yourself. Else you can try hard resetting your phone.:smileyhappy:

Read these threads, I find similar to your battery problems:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/130668?start=10&tstart=0

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/466372#466372

Cambodia-Volerk
Visitor

Now it is very bad than before because now i cannot start the phone event i charge it still cannot start i just see the light on screen on it disappear and start to appear again and again Slightly_frowning_Face

sajalsamanta
Visitor

Sorry to hear that...I advise you visit the service centre as soon as possible. I feel your position Slightly_frowning_Face

nick1991
Visitor

heyy i hve the same problm in ion ..to do dis steps abv holdng the power botton and all..this step shuld be done wel d phone is on or wen it shutdown..the do this step...??

sajalsamanta
Visitor

Hi nick,

If your battery has sudden dropping issue (as described earlier) you may follow this...but Cambodia-Volerk has some different issue...to which an authorised service centre will help. Slightly_smiling_Face

If you have sudden drop issue..then follow Nabeel's instruction:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/128862

Do it when it is 'ON'... Slightly_smiling_Face

although the vibration happens even when the phone is 'OFF'....note the battery percentage before doing the procedure, and observe when you switch on. If there is significant drop in battery percentage...your problems are over. If not..try a few times more.

Let us know whether it solved or not ... Slightly_smiling_Face