Join now - be part of our community!

My battery gauge is tricking me?

SkyEx
Visitor

My battery gauge is tricking me?

Okay, here's the thing. I bought my Xperia ion about 3 months ago, and so far it has been great; except for one thing. It happened a few times before, and I let it go, but I'm not having any of it anymore. The phone gives me a low battery notification at around 43-41% of battery or a little less.

The first time it happened, I thought the battery was actually drained. I put the phone on charge, but then the battery precentage it shows on the top corner of the lock screen was 40%. It happened again but I was on a trip on top of a mountain. So basically, I couldn't take photos for the second half of the trip, and so many memories would've been lost if it weren't for my friend's Note II.

After that one time, I suppose the battery was actually completely drained during the time spent from when it shut off till I went home. The phone stopped doing it for a while after that, and I remember one time it reached 12% without giving me the 0% battery notification. But two days ago, it happened again. Also, just now, it almost shut down at 43% and now I put it on charge.

I love Sony's phones and I always have. This one has been really amazing so far, the camera, the screen, the sound, everything is pure quality, but I'd love for them to last a bit longer. I really hope someone could help.

Thank you.

84 REPLIES 84
Nabeel
Master

@Jk21 I replied to your PM Slightly_smiling_Face .

Yes it's completely safe.

LordHelmchen
Visitor

Greetings!

My Battery seems to have become heavily discalibrated.

I found the thread at /t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/td-p/320375 with suggested fixes, and the simple forced poweroff did not resolve the problem. Before I go on with the "software repair" via Xperia Companion, I want to make sure I know what I'll have to expect...

Am I correct to assume that this will reset system settings, but leave installed apps and their data/settings alone?

Will this keep root, and if not are there any reccomendations on how to reroot afterwards?

thanks,

LordHelmchen

Neogist
Visitor

Dear, I've followed your guide on /t5/FAQ/Facing-problems-with-abnormal-battery-and-shutdown/td-p/320375 to solve droppings in battery. Amazingly, after force restart, my battery percentage went to 80% from 50%. What may be the issue? screen shot is attached. My phone is Xperia Z1 compact. Screenshot_2017-11-19-10-33-08.png

FergBorg
Visitor

I have the same problem. This problem appears after updating some Google soft from Google App. What can I am do to reso;ve this problem?

LFSwiss
Visitor

Hi Nabeel.

I still have my xperia z1 compact after 4 years! It has been perfect until recently when the phone has started power-off randomly regardless of battery level.

I followed your "Forced Shutdown" suggestion. My battery was at 34% before/ then 54% after restart.

Problem: you do not say in your thread what to expect. "See if there's any significant drop in % ( 5+ % or more ). Then most probably the problem has been solved."

Question: has the problem been solved if there is no drop/ or does the problem persist if there is a significant increase (my case)?

Thanks for your guidance.