Join now - be part of our community!

Sd Card Unexpectedly Removed..........

antonyrko7
Visitor

Sd Card Unexpectedly Removed..........

I've been using sandisk 32gb micro card for over a year now. Had no issues absolutely. But from yesterday my phone has been showing this strange msg of sd card unexpectedly Removed. Any Solutions To This Problem. (Sony Xperia Sp)

17 REPLIES 17
shihstouch
Enthusiast

Switch off the device, remove SD card, re insert, switch back on Grinning_Face

Also Try This

Restart

Restart your phone to turn off all running applications and to free up memory. Remove the back cover. Press and hold down the OFF button using the tip of a pen or a similar object. The device turns off automatically. After the device is turned off, restart your phone.

antonyrko7
Visitor

Tried Everthing. But Nothing Seems To Work. I inserted another sd card and thr was no problem. Is It Because Of Some Virus ? Plz Help.....

Makoabrie
Visitor

samething just happened to me, my card was working fine, my phone was charging and as soon as i unplugged it, a message saying card was unexpected removed with a yellow caution was in the notification bar and now i cant access my memmory card it wont even show up.

shihstouch
Enthusiast

Format your card using a computer and reinsert in mobile...

sunjun
Visitor

I have same problem with my sandisk 16gb class 10 
Then i Format the card with default file system and allocation size with a card reader and then insert into my xperia sp and again erase the memory in the phone, so yeah no problem till now Grinning_Face
media transfer mode causing some file error i think its for my windows 8.1 preview ... no issues with mass storage mode though Face_with_stuck-out_Tongue
again if you notice some corrupted file that hangs your windows explorer try to delete them by a card reader.
thanks.

[PS: This technic worked for me i can't assure you that you can solve yours thereby]

antonyrko7
Visitor

Guys it worked ! I dint have to format anything ! All i had to do was connect the sd card to the computer and right click to go to the properties and click on the the check error option. It worked. No problems as of now.
Micko-Ri-CRO
Visitor

I also have the same problem TWICE!!! It's Problem becouse how many times will i lose pictures on a SD CARD!!! And i can't format the card becouse no system can show/recognize SD card... If this happens one more time i'm selling my Xperia SD and NEVER buying a Sony again. really angy becouse, i know it's not card or aplication problem, its sony hardwear or softwear problem. 

If anybody else have some solution, plese help.

dicko1974
Visitor

I have the same thing card reads fine on tablet it just on the phone keeps unloading the card I have formatted and still does it 

peterk2
Visitor

Two 16 Gb Kingston Class 10 SD cards died on me with my XPERIA SP.

Suddenly disconnetced, the SD cards were not any more detected, not in phone, not in a computer.

The retalier changed it, finally ended up with a sandisk 16 Gb Ultra. Till now no problem.

I do not know if it was my phone's or card's fault.

Can also be Kingston, cause I had another 8 Gbyte which died last year with the same symptoms in a different phone