Join now - be part of our community!

Sd Card Unexpectedly Removed..........

antonyrko7
Visitor

Sd Card Unexpectedly Removed..........

I've been using sandisk 32gb micro card for over a year now. Had no issues absolutely. But from yesterday my phone has been showing this strange msg of sd card unexpectedly Removed. Any Solutions To This Problem. (Sony Xperia Sp)

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I have observed that Sandisk gives pretty good performance.

alexdon
road
Visitor

Sd Card Unexpectedly Removed....in android phone

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Restart with the card inside.

alexdon
monuon
Visitor

Just buy a new card..if the problem persist even after following all comments..it could be memory card problem...
whisoephrem1
Visitor

1.format ur sd card using computer.
2.check sd card using Windows 7 or 8.. error checking option.... the option will be in properties...
3..sometimes antivirus in mobile like avast or similar applications can cause this problem.. so try uninstaling it...
4..if problem persists.. reset the phone
5..if problem persists.. go to sony service centre...
luna49
Visitor

Hi there, sorry I must sound like a moron, but I'm just not good with smartphones above average usage - with "connecting the card with a pc" do you mean to insert the card into a slot in a pc or a card reader? As I do not have a slot on my laptop, I used a card reader, but that won't detect the card (does detect another micro SD though with lower storage). I have a 64 GB Kingston, and it does the same - more and more often.. it always works again after I take it out of the phone and restart the phone with the card in, but then after some hours it is again unexpectedly removed Slightly_frowning_Face (so it says). I tried to right click with the card in the phone while the phone was connected to the laptop, but in properties I only have general info.. no possibility to check for problems (I use windows 10).

How can I get to this option please? A newer laptop is on the phone, and that one will have a card reader, do you think I shall wait and try that?

I can't even move songs and photos from the card back to the phone, it just says "Xperia M4 Aqua is busy" and it keeps working and working, and eventually stopps.. Slightly_frowning_Face Would hate to lose the pics.. the songs I can just get back in as I have them on  my laptop, but the pics are the one's taken with the Xperia.. Thanks for any suggestions!

GlynD
Visitor

Hi Guy's, I have exactly the same problem, using the Sony Zperia M4 Aqua, the Micro SD Card Unexpectedly Removed. This caused me no end of problems, one of which was at Gatwick Airport Check-In, my Easyjet flight check-in details were all lost as they were saved on the SD card along with the Easyjet app. The 'unexpected removal' of the card caused the phone to restart itself with factory defaults, meaning I lost everything including all apps, contact details, Emails and pictures etc.

I've found the problem to be with the phone itself. There is a spring loaded latch inside the SD slot which is supposed to keep the SD card in place. In my case the latch is either broken, or damaged. I took the phone to the O2 Shop where I bought it from last November but they can't repair it on site but have offered to send it back to Sony for repairs. They said this could take up to two weeks, I told them that is not acceptable because I need the phone constantly for work etc. They couldn't (or wouldn't) offer any other solution so I am left with having to take the phone to a back street phone repair shop, which is not ideal and I will have to pay for the repair even though the phone is still under guarantee.

I beleive this issue is caused by a fault in the manufacturing process and in an ideal world Sony would recall all the phones for modification but that's not going to happen. Perhaps the next time I am due for an upgrade I will chose a different manufacturer, Samsung perhaps!

Good luck everyone.

Yaswanth31
Visitor

@antonyrko7 wrote:

I've been using sandisk 32gb micro card for over a year now. Had no issues absolutely. But from yesterday my phone has been showing this strange msg of sd card unexpectedly Removed. Any Solutions To This Problem. (Sony Xperia Sp)

I think you can't insert a sdcard, because you should know what type of  memory card is supported to your mobile please check 

I have same issue but I know why is happening. Due to I try to insert another format sdcard if u ask why there is not having in market that sdcard, my phone supports only 32gb sdxcmemory card,

These type of memory card are beginning from 64gb etc