Join now - be part of our community!

Showing error MM#6

Erlens
Visitor

Showing error MM#6

I've been using my Xperia for a year (bought brand new), but today I've received message MM#6 and can't use phone! I've been reading forum and did what experts told to do (remove SIM, restart, even reset to factory mode), but still showing the same message! What should I do?

21 REPLIES 21
Kriss1989
Visitor

He reiniciado reestablecido de fabrica y aun nose como solucionar el problema. Me aparece mm#6 no valido al intentar realizar una llamada aparece reenvio de llamada activado.. Y no puedo configurar desde  configuracion adicional...Ya no se que hacer

I have restarted factory re-established and I still do not know how to solve the problem. I see mm # 6 not valid when trying to make a call appears call forwarding activated .. And I can not configure from additional configuration ... I do not know what to do

GT

Digiboom
Visitor

I've just run into the MM#6 message and I just got my ultra... But the fix too the problem is this... You have to get the phone registered too the network provider... As longs as it not sprint 😂 but that's it... Fixed my problem and I'm sending you this over the xa1. I'm sure I'm late but this will help others who enjoy the phone

Francesdouglas
Visitor

I'm having the exact same problem and we will all notice it started Friday just past did u fifths problem 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Francesdouglas

Don't post private info (email, phone numbers, etc) 

Francesdouglas
Visitor

Did you manage to fix the problem with this product 

Cjhayr
Visitor

I'm not send and received text and call

Andythebest1979
Visitor

How do I remove a mm #6 error on my sony Xperia ax1 ulatr 

Lt181user
Visitor

Is showing network error  please try later Iam on the uk and on the 3 network and it won’t update to newer software 

bleed
Visitor

My cx3 is off line and showing me  some mm#6 stuff I don't understand what's the deal hear?

Digiboom
Visitor

You need to get there phone too the provider and have them switch it to the the provider's services.. If you just put the sim card in... Over the course of a few days MM#6