Join now - be part of our community!

USB cable disconnected while updating

SOLVED
gucim1
Visitor

USB cable disconnected while updating

Hi,

During the update of my phone, the USB cable got disconnected from the computer for a brief moment. Now the phone is not working anymore and I don't know what to do. I'll be very grateful if someone could help me on this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexrx
Enthusiast

Hi there,

You have to repeat the process of updating, so try the following:

Connect the phone to a wall charger > Press and Hold "Power Button" and " Volume Up" at the same time for 10 seconds until you feel 3 vibrations(just to make sure that the phone is completely turned off) OR Press and hold OFF Button using a pen or something similiar for 10 seconds (until you feel 3 vibrations) > Charge it for 2 hrs > Repair/re-install the phone software with Sony Update Service.

Sony Update Service

Cheers.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
alexrx
Enthusiast

Hi there,

You have to repeat the process of updating, so try the following:

Connect the phone to a wall charger > Press and Hold "Power Button" and " Volume Up" at the same time for 10 seconds until you feel 3 vibrations(just to make sure that the phone is completely turned off) OR Press and hold OFF Button using a pen or something similiar for 10 seconds (until you feel 3 vibrations) > Charge it for 2 hrs > Repair/re-install the phone software with Sony Update Service.

Sony Update Service

Cheers.

gucim1
Visitor

Thank you

alexrx
Enthusiast

You´re welcome.

gucim1
Visitor

It's seem like the phone connot be shut down. Every time I plug it into the wall or on my computer, it starts and it shuts down a few seconds later and it goes like this forever. I pushed the «off» button at the back of the phone but it didn't change anything at all. 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

In this case you should visit a sony service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

alexdon
alexrx
Enthusiast

@gucim1,

Can you confirm that you have pressed and held "Power Button" and "Volume Up" or OFF Button simultaneously for 10 seconds?

If the answer is YES, probably the best solution for you is to visit an authorized Sony service for further examination of your phone.

I wish you luck.

Annewolf
Visitor

Hi, my phone is doing the exact same thing. Could you please let me know if you did in fact contact Sony and if that helped at all? What worked for you?? Many thanks.

rogalu
Visitor

I have tried this but my phone does not even vibrate. It is completely non responsive