Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X10 battery charging and start up problems?

SOLVED
Sultan
Visitor

Xperia X10 battery charging and start up problems?

I was finally able to upload the software using SUS (my previous discussion thread). The phone works but if I leave the phone on the charger over night, the phone is dead and will not power on. No blinking red, orange or green light, just dead. I can press the "start" button and nothing will happen. The only way around it is to pull out the battery, wait a few minutes and try a couple of times till it comes back to life. Sometimes I have to swap batteries, since I  have 3 by now. The battery always shows 40% to 80% charge when it does come back to life, so what is happening? What I have also noticed that if I unplug the charger at it hits 98/99%, I am okay and the phone doesn't die. I don't have this problem with my other LG Windows based smartphone. It is quite a hassle babysitting this phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sultan
Visitor

I think I have figured out the problem. My best guess is that it is the LG charger. Nothing wrong with the charger but LG has a chip to prevent over charging built in to the battery, whereas SE has it in the charger. By using the LG charger I may have been over charging the SE battery (with no chip) and causing the phone to shut down. I am now charging through my laptop's USB port and it works.

Thanks

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
gwhispererz
Champion

Hi, suggest software repair phone with SUS. Be aware that this process will erase phone data completely. Since you have tried with a couple of batteries, doubt it is a battery issue....

If software repair does not resolve problem, next option is the Service Centre.

Sultan
Visitor

I have repaired the phone with SUS a few times (for going in to airplane mode all the time), so SUS or PCS has not helped. The phone by now is out of warranty so the service centre could cost an arm and a leg. I wish Sony would stand behind their products instead of leaving it to discussion forums to solve their problems. Who is going to keep buying from Sony if their products keep failing?

Francis
Contributor

Hello Sultan.

I have a few questions :

How do you charge your phone: USB or Wall charger?

If to wall charger is it the original SE charger?

The batteries are OEM's or Third party compatible ones?

This will help me get a better idea on the issue.

Best Regards.

Francis.

Sultan
Visitor

Francis,

a). I use a wall charger. No, I don't have the SE charger any more, I use a LG micro usb 5 pin charger.

b). I have 3 batteries, all OEM with the SE hologram.

Hope this helps. As I write this, I am having the same problem all over again. Swapping batteries to see if one of them will get the phone back to life.

Thanks for looking in to this.

Sultan
Visitor

I think I have figured out the problem. My best guess is that it is the LG charger. Nothing wrong with the charger but LG has a chip to prevent over charging built in to the battery, whereas SE has it in the charger. By using the LG charger I may have been over charging the SE battery (with no chip) and causing the phone to shut down. I am now charging through my laptop's USB port and it works.

Thanks

Not applicable

hi bro, today i left my xperia x10i in my room...after a while when i came back, i found my phone switched off.. i tried to switch on but i didn't not open. it was not on charging. i plugged it on charger bt it wasn;t showing ny signal after charging a while (red,/blue light). i pulled out the battery several times bt it is still dead bt it was still charging as i could feel the heat of the battery... what can i do now???

Sultan
Visitor

I am no expert but based on my previous experience the only way around this is to reinstall software using SE update service. It will wipe out everything but the phone will come back to life. Use a high speed internet connection so it doesn't stall in the process.

Not applicable

hw can i reinstall while i can't start my phone???

Sultan
Visitor

Download software from the following link to your PC and it will walk you through.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/