Join now - be part of our community!

All Apps not working

profile.country.GB.title
jan213
New

All Apps not working

Since yesterday, unable to access All Apps on Sony Bravia tv (KDL-40WD653).  The internet is working fine.  There are no software updates. I have refreshed internet content.  Any advice on what I can do to resolve this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Nomegustamucho
Explorer

ME TOO. BUT MODEL NUMBER 32WD75x

Worse still , after selecting  all apps the tv locks up for about 20 seconds. Most remote control presses do not work.

Noticed this a few days ago

Sounds like auto software update gone wrong.

profile.country.GB.title
Alcibiades
New

All apps (not Netflix) are not working. When I go to the icon 'All Apps' and click on, nothing happens. This was not the case when I first bought the TV in August of this year.

The internet is working OK because when I use the Netflix icon on the remote control, the Netflix icon appears almost instantaneously.

Has the TV set developed a fault? Please advise.

Edited - [personal details removed]

profile.country.GB.title
souterandweaver
Explorer

Me too on my KDL-40WD655. I posted my problem under the title "All Apps hangs" before reading yours.

profile.country.GB.title
J..D..
Explorer

The same on KDL-49WD759 since the weekend...

profile.country.GB.title
KK_Rogue
Explorer

Mine are not working either and followed all steps in threads I could find including change the DNS. COME ON SONY AND FIX THIS!

profile.country.GB.title
Hambleden
Explorer

We have the same tv and the same problem, Netflix button is working fine, but you press All Apps and it freezes for about 20 seconds.

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

Hi All,

I've posted on another thread.

But I see this announcement has gone up

[Moderator edit: removed URL as the original cause has been fixed]

profile.country.GB.title
Mart9875
Explorer

All my apps just stoped 3days ago and now when I press the all apps button the tv completely freezes.

i have tried everything to factory reset and still the same issue applies.

sony help 

profile.country.GB.title
steveswest

New Update on issue from Sony:

Just Tried on my KDL-32WD756. Apps menu back. Need to log-in to my Amazon and Netflix, iPlayer etc etc and test.

Will Report Back

[Moderator edit: removed URL as the original cause has been fixed]