Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon prime

SOLVED
Cat1256
New

Amazon prime

Hi everyone 

I've just bought a Sony smart tv kdl-wd603 it cost £359 and we can't get Amazon Prime on it. I spoke to support and we have to wait for a software download but no idea when that'll happen. I have an older Samsung which has the Amazon app and if I'd have known that I couldn't get it on the Sony then I wouldn't have chosen it. Really disappointed. What does a smart tv mean in Sony speak?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

The Amazon app should now be available, one you have updated your TV.  Please see the following link: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdl-wd6-wd7-upd-v8114-DE-AT-GB/

Cheers

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
nihaddo34
Explorer

Sorry not an answer - but ME TOO!. Are you missing SEN as well?... There was a firmware update released today (31/05/16) which I've installed, no change!. Hope we get to the bottom of this or my TV is going back as well..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I asked about this awhile ago - Amazon app.  The answer i got on the 12 April was a 'good month' from now.  So probably any time now - but i have again just requested when it will be added.  So when i know, ill post back.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The Amazon app is currently being pencilled in for rollout at end of June.  However this is NOT definate and is un-confirmed.  The app is apparrently still unfinished and also needs to be signed off/approved by Amazon before rolling out.

Cheers

Ubi222
Explorer

Unbelievable ...just done the same ...no mentioned in the specifications that it does not support Amazon one of the largest TV on demand providers. Way to go Sony

:angry:

simon__
Explorer

Hi, does anyone have an update on Amazon availability for the 2016 non-Android range? I was about to purchase a Sony TV, but am holding off until this is implemented (and tested).

Thanks!

Mavendorf
New

I just bought a Sony Bravia KDL32WD603 and, having set it up, have found that I cannot get Amazon Video, SEN (which seems counterproductive) or anything much other than BBC iPlayer and 5 On Demand (both of which I get through Sky anyway). Neither can I find my activation code. 

I don't want to pay for Netflix as I have an Amazon Prime account. 

It's a great TV, awesome picture and sound quality...but I wanted a smart TV and feel a bit short changed as it's not very...smart...! 

Any news about an Amazon Video or SEN app? W

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Unfortunately I havent heard any further information on when the Amazon app 'should' be available.  If I do, I'll post back.

Cheers

GreekGeeza
Explorer

22 July: Any update on this issue? Just received my TV this week from Amazon. The images show an Amazon Unstant Viseo App, but cannot find it or the SEN, or the activation code.

I can see no way to load more apps, and having a dozen or so is woeful for a 2016 model TV. How can you call this a smart TV?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive been assured that the Amazon app for the WD6 TVs is in the making - unfortunately I do not know when.  It is currently in Amazons hands at the moment.

Other than that, i dont think there are many more apps planned for this model TV.   What types of apps are you looking for?  

Cheers